Over Feeding

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
I know about the "if your fish do not eat all the food within five minutes, then remove the excess amount of food in the tank."

But fish eat like CRAZY!

I mean, I bet they would eat the whole darn can of fish food if I put it in there! :lol:

I would just like to know what I can do to ensure that I am not over feeding them...they look a little fat too...lol :unsure: , but if I put more food in there, they will still eat it, even if they are fat! lol

Thanks
-FHM
 
So just feed them once every two days for two minutes?

-FHM
 
As Truck says, feed them as much as they can eat in two minutes.
It is fine to feed them once a day using this method. I feed mine once a day and have one day a week where I don't feed at all.
 
Okay, thanks for your help and the clarification guys!

-FHM
 
Okay, thanks for your help and the clarification guys!

-FHM
I feed my fish very small amounts often. I normally feed what the fish can eat in half a minute in the morning ,when i get back from school and in the evening. Smaller fish like tetras prefer more frequent feeding like this, but bigger fish are ok with one feeding a day.
 
I feed mine every day at 5:30 with a pinch of food because I have a betta who is slow moving compared to his tank mates which are guppies I spread the food around so that they don't have to concentrate in one area. Once a week I do a big feed wher I add 4 pinches and just let them eat as I know my inverts will take care of waste its no real issue.
 
Im guilty of Over feeding. I don't see it as a problem though. I mean, whatever they dont pick up when it floats down they will pick up off the gravel. Plus, I do good sized water changes once a week, so my water levels are perfect.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top