Ostracods (Seed Shrimp)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

frothhelmet

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Livestock: Ostracods aka Seed Shrimp. I dont know how I got these. Probably came in on some moss. Now they are in all my tanks. They grow to about 1mm, and they look like little bumble bees wirring around tank. Why do you want them? Well aside from being cool, fish love to snack on them. If you have fish you wont see them much, but if you put them in a shrimp tank they will increase their numbers rapidly. They can even be kept/bred in jars by the windowsill. Really hardy. I dont know what they eat, but they appear to scavenge and like to hang out in moss. They dont overpower a tank like gammarus, they dont eat plants, and they dont interfere with shrimp breeding or attack other animals (had them together with shrimp and snails for years). Initially when I add them to a shrimp tank their population seems to increase rapidly, but then it comes down to where I really have to look to find them. So they are not unsightly in their numbers.
Quantity for sale: 10
Reason for Sale: so others can try em.
Delivery or Collection: Both
Sales price: £2.00
Postage & Packaging: 50p
Payment: Paypal only. Please PM to arrange transaction.

Can I have 30 please these will be perfect for my little tank

Livestock: Ostracods aka Seed Shrimp. I dont know how I got these. Probably came in on some moss. Now they are in all my tanks. They grow to about 1mm, and they look like little bumble bees wirring around tank. Why do you want them? Well aside from being cool, fish love to snack on them. If you have fish you wont see them much, but if you put them in a shrimp tank they will increase their numbers rapidly. They can even be kept/bred in jars by the windowsill. Really hardy. I dont know what they eat, but they appear to scavenge and like to hang out in moss. They dont overpower a tank like gammarus, they dont eat plants, and they dont interfere with shrimp breeding or attack other animals (had them together with shrimp and snails for years). Initially when I add them to a shrimp tank their population seems to increase rapidly, but then it comes down to where I really have to look to find them. So they are not unsightly in their numbers.
Quantity for sale: 10
Reason for Sale: so others can try em.
Delivery or Collection: Both
Sales price: £2.00
Postage & Packaging: 50p
Payment: Paypal only. Please PM to arrange transaction.

can I take 20 please

Am afraid this thread is over 4 years old, am not actually sure if the OP, frothelmet is even still active on the forum as its been a while since he was last on the fiorum or if he even has any of these shrimps still.

So it may never happen that this will go any further. It might actually, but have my doubts tbh.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back