Oscar tankmates?

ye but u neva see eels. they just poke their head out of the ground.........a real big waist of money to get a eel

Sky042 said:
I think I may just leave it to him and his pleco friend and call it a day.
just gonna be nemo and sharkbait.

I just want to back up CFC's 75 gallon minimum claim.

The 55 gallon is only 12" deep, and Oscars will grow longer then this. The depth of the tank should certainly be longer then the fish.

I have a 55 gal. and it has black fin shark , pictus cat, 2 convicts and 1 yellow afircan cicilid, and two pleco's and they all seem to love the tank but that is my limit .. no plants or ornaments just fish and gravel..

I keep Tinfoil Barbs with my oscars and they all love each other. Tinfoils I believe are the best tankmates because they grow nearly as fast as oscars. My tinfoils are zippy and freaking psycho! lo I also keep Bala Sharks in a different tank with oscars at my dad's and they also get along very well.

16"+ ??????????????????/ someone is telling you fibbs there dude, 14" yes, not 16"+

Best tank mates areeeeeeeee sevs, cons and pleco's try to buy the sevs a bit bigger as the oscar will try to pick on them.

Good Luck

ok i must be seeing things i have the two oscars that are 12 already and they are in a 55 gal .. with tank mates but nothing else.. anyways why would i need a bigger tank they seem to have plenty of room and they seem happy.. there is my list at this signature.. of what i have with it..
they are healthy and happy as a clam.. :)

Eels are naught but exensive spaghetti to him! go for a 100g plus and see whats what, trust cfc he knows his stuff! mmmmmm i dunno myself id suggest something well armoured maybe a fancy large pleco? maybe a Gibbecep?

I have an African Knife fish in with mine, they are good mates, as they tend to only come out for any length at night when the Oscars are not very active :)

Its also one of the best looking fish in the world. He/She will pop out every once in a while during the day and u will never get bored of it :D

You can pick up 5+ inchers quite cheaply :)
how big is your oscar with your knife fish thank you tim

Noooo the curse of the similar topics strikes again! Around 4 years ago was the last reply to this.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back