Oscar cichlid bubble in eye

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Delboy78

Reaction score
Hi anyone ever had this problem my Oscar has a bubble in has eye for a while now Iā€™ve tried the medications from the store but nothing seems to sort it out itā€™s annoying me so am sure the Oscar must be hating it Iā€™ve looked online but canā€™t seem to find anything on it. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6424F68B-E5DB-4D57-B9D7-589D9DD5A393.png
    6424F68B-E5DB-4D57-B9D7-589D9DD5A393.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 38
Hi anyone ever had this problem my Oscar has a bubble in has eye for a while now Iā€™ve tried the medications from the store but nothing seems to sort it out itā€™s annoying me so am sure the Oscar must be hating it Iā€™ve looked online but canā€™t seem to find anything on it. Thanks in advance
Look up "pop eye oscar", and you should get suggested treatment for your fish.

It's normally caused by fine air bubbles in the water. They can get into the fish and appear in the eyeball. There's no cure for it. Try to avoid have fine air bubbles in the tank. They can come from fine airstones or a small leak in a power filter.

Make sure the tank gets a big water change and gravel clean at least once a week to keep the waste and nitrates down. Clean the filter at least once a month too.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back