Orange Thick Lipped Gourami's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

noodles

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just thought i would let everyone know that my group of 4 orange thick lipped gourami's are doing great. settled in well, looking healthy and getting on well with themselves and other fish. No sign of any agression really, occaisionally one of the females tells one of the males to get lost, but thats it! They have really coloured up too, with the males having all sorts of colours on their tails, from yellow, black to blue and deep orange red everywhere else. Females are a nice even orange too.

Dont seem to mind the fairly strong current, and love the abundance of plants too. Only thing against them is that boy can they eat!!! I have to make sure my pygmy cories have plenty of food on the bottom and keep the gourami's busy at the top otherwise they eat it all!

It makes a nice change for a set of gourami's to actually survive all together for a couple of months with no hassles! Would recommend them to anyone.

And they are the perfect fish for my little baby boy to watch and point at, he really loves fish and they even put up with the occaisional baby hand slap on the glass with no stress!!

what do you keep with them?

As per my signature, some cories, black neons, and a few other odd fish that have lost their friends during the tank evolution over the years.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back