Options For 10 Gallon Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

and i also read something about waterways where they are caught being polluted with chemicals to make them less active/easier to catch. i was pretty skeptical of that last part..but i guess it could happen.

I believe I've read several places of this sort of thing, drugging the stream to help catch fish. The places where they go are pretty remote. Saw a presentation a few months back of a group going way in to the upper Amazon to find a particular lost species of poison dart frog... man are those places dangerous!

~~waterdrop~~

wow that's crazy.
i wonder if they really make that much money off livestock? i guess some of the rarer ones probably.
...i think reptiles typically cost way more than fish also.
interesting.

it's a shame that they do stuff like that though..the fish all ed up dying anyways..

I always get broody when people make threads about 10 gallon tanks. I have two 24x12x12 tanks lying in the shed doing nothing and I've been waiting for over four years now to set up my Apisto tank. IMO Apistos are some of the most wonderful fish around.

Well I'm no expert...but we've had three oto's (granted it's a 30 gal) for about a year and they have completely thrived! They LOVE some zucchini slices here and there and have done wonderfully....I heard all the stuff about them not being very hardy and was worried about that, but ours have done wonderfully...even with sharing the tank with a 6 inch chinese algae eater. *shrug* So I don't know...but that's what I was going to reccommend when you mentioned a small algae eater. =/

Most reactions

Back