Reaction score
could i have in my 211L tank
2 anglefish
2 dwarf gouramis
1 blue zebra
:flex:

to answer the question we need more infomation

how high is the tank?
is it just those fish you want or are you planning to add more in the future?

(and a personal one) whats a blue zebra?

The-Wolf said:
to answer the question we need more infomation

how high is the tank?
is it just those fish you want or are you planning to add more in the future?

(and a personal one) whats a blue zebra?
Wolf.....cobalt blue zebra.....

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/m_callainos.php

requires a 55 gallon tank minimum. not sure what 211 litres equates to in gallons :dunno: but my guess is that it would need to be kept in a malawi/mbuna only tank on account of the high PH requirements, aggression, rocky set up etc/

just my opinion though.

steve B)

EDIT: 211 litres is actually 55 gallons (US) but I still don't think Mbuna should be kept with gourami and angels for the reasons above.

Talisman said:
Its just a normal Zebra thats been in the snow too long Wolf. :rofl:
you see thats exactly what I was thinking :p :rofl:

Thanks thebaldranger, now I know s/he is talking about sick lids :fun:
something I have no clue about

I personally wouldn't keep a cichlid with those fish because of their aggression, although i don't know much about them.

Deffinately not - never mix mbuna like that zebra with south american (and peaceful) cichlids like angelfish and especialy not with dwarf gouramies! The angels and dwarfs would work though. Or you could go for just mbunas.

thanx the blue zebra is a fish is a african cichlid the latin is pseudotropheus zebra

The blue zebra, the african cichlid, would end up killing everything. So its etheir community or african.

Fish00 said:
asumel said:
acording to the shop man
never listen to them people will do anything for a sale & get some more at least 3 weeks from now.
I would disagree with never, it depends if they want to keep thier customers. I have four lfs's and trust just two of them. In this case, yes they are wrong. Before going to an lfs to buy, go to look, and take note of what you like, then go home and research. Try to note scientific names of the fish you like and if they are not on the tank ask an employee, if they don't know it, find another shop.

Jon

I like to test the lfs and if they check out Ill end up comign back. Currently I have 4 lfs I trust. One really isnt local but Id go there again. Most lfs do have people knowing nothing about fish. I sen a lady sell 2 bala sharks for 1 30 gallon and said they would do fine. :crazy:

Most reactions

Back