Opinions On Fish

barker_23

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
Hi, hope someone can help.

i wanted add some big fish to my tank, one that will sort of take centerpiece.

I currently have a Rio 180 (180 liters) with a Tetratec 1200 Ex.

My stock list so far is:

9 Zebra Danios
2 Neon Tetras
4 Serpae Tetras
1 Clown Loach

I had the Tetras and the clown loach given me.

I was thinking of getting a/some angelfish, can anyone advise me on this?

Also i wanted some corys, as i have heard they have good personalities, again, could anyone reccomend which ones are the most interesting?

Thanks
 
You may know this but clown loaches are not a good choice for your tank. They get too big for the tank you have and need to be in groups.

Tetras should be in groups of 5+.

Angelfish probably aren't a good choice. They're known to eat neons and other small fish when grown.

Bronze, albino, and peppered cories are hardy, easy to acquire, and active species.
 
Thanks for the info Loachman,

I think i might get rid of the Clown Loach, i never see him and i dont really want to get anymore.

Same with the tetras really.

Would an angel fish be ok with zebra danios? If not what other bigish fish are there available?
 
Thanks for the info Loachman,

I think i might get rid of the Clown Loach, i never see him and i dont really want to get anymore.

Same with the tetras really.

Would an angel fish be ok with zebra danios? If not what other bigish fish are there available?
In theory you could keep angels with tetras, but you would have to add the angels before they can actually eat them, that way they shouldn't see them as food.

You really do need to re-home the loach.

I think that you could keep the Danios with angels.

There is also a 'dwarf' species of angels, cant think of the name off hand, will try to find out for you, but they will be less able to eat your other fish.

D.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top