Opinions Needed Please

Davo86

Cichlids, Catfish and Oddballs
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
3
Points
36
Location
Shropshire UK
Ok until about 10mins ago my plan was that first thing tomorrow morning i would be ordering a new tank from ndaquatics, however i have just been doing some last minute scanning for tanks on the net and i've came across this - ebay number 150321478718

This tank is the perfect dimensions for the space i have available and compared to the money i was going to pay at nd (£409 for tank £55 for delivery and £70 for the lights, (fitted)) it seems a steal? and I'm sure i could even hire another courier to deliver the tank for much cheaper (or even go with someone to collect it as its only in Birmingham)

atm i'm sitting here looking at both tanks with no idea what to do so any opinion would be greatly appreciated?
 
I was looking at some of theirs recently, wasnt impressed by their feedback, but so long as you pay via paypal with your credit card, you should be safe enough. What nd aquatics were you going for?
 
I was looking at some of theirs recently, wasnt impressed by their feedback, but so long as you pay via paypal with your credit card, you should be safe enough. What nd aquatics were you going for?

Hi minx,
hadn't thought of checking their feedback,
I was going for the 60x18x24 from nd so its pretty much the same apart from the ebay one being 3inches taller,
 
overall feedback looks ok really, seems like they had a dodgy batch of sticky tape though :hyper:

anyone else have an opinion before i go ahead and buy?
 
Nothing wrong with the feedback on their tanks. I purchased one from them just before Xmas and am well pleased with it. The delivery was quick - they phoned me to let me know when it was turning up and were very helpfull. Excellent value for money even with the courier fee which by the way is reasonable (I know as I use a courier service for my company) as the tanks are massive!!. Ive looked extensively round the shops and they cant touch these prices so I say do it!!! :good:
 
Nothing wrong with the feedback on their tanks. I purchased one from them just before Xmas and am well pleased with it. The delivery was quick - they phoned me to let me know when it was turning up and were very helpfull. Excellent value for money even with the courier fee which by the way is reasonable (I know as I use a courier service for my company) as the tanks are massive!!. Ive looked extensively round the shops and they cant touch these prices so I say do it!!! :good:

Thanks Gilli, thats put my mind at rest,
by the way which model did you buy? don't suppose you have any pics?
 
My Tank

This is the one I have - its a 250L. This is just the Ebay pic - im only currently setting it all up. Bought an internal 3D rock background and have the gravel and water in. I bought some awesome pieces of slate now I Just need to buy a heater and get the plants in!

By the way dont bother to buy your rocks from the fish shop - they are much cheaper if you buy them from the landscaping section in a garden centre. I have 8 massive pieces of slate each measuring about 2 ft long which only cost me £15! Im going to build them up and make caves etc.
 
My Tank

This is the one I have - its a 250L. This is just the Ebay pic - im only currently setting it all up. Bought an internal 3D rock background and have the gravel and water in. I bought some awesome pieces of slate now I Just need to buy a heater and get the plants in!

By the way dont bother to buy your rocks from the fish shop - they are much cheaper if you buy them from the landscaping section in a garden centre. I have 8 massive pieces of slate each measuring about 2 ft long which only cost me £15! Im going to build them up and make caves etc.

thanks, yeah i actually work in an aquatics department at the local garden centre so most of my rocks as well as my sand substrate come from the compost and stoneware section
 
shame youre not based nearer me davo you could of come and looked at my nd tank in the flesh which im confident would of sealed the deal for you. when i was upgrading i looked at just about every tank imaginable both online and in most cases in the flesh too and i wouldnt swap 2 of any of them for my 1 tank. the quality really is that good . if you were to get that ndaquatics tank through retailers youd be looking at a grand easily. heres a few pics

space.gif
plenty of cabinet space
hood.gif
good solid hood
holes.gif
6 3 inch holes in hood for pipes etc all lined with inserts and silicone sealed
handles.gif
good quality ironmongery
cover.gif
big sliding glass cover

these photos dont really do it propper justice but give you a better idea . honestly mate if you got the money get the nd tank if you get anything else then see an nd 1 in the flesh you will regret it i promise you that. another member on here mark7616 also has 1 of theirs if you speak to him he will back up everything ive said.

hope this helps

1 thing i will say tho is just get the tank from nd the lights etc you will get cheaper elsewhere
 

Most reactions

Back
Top