Oops I Bought Another Tank....

muzzy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi boys and girls

I was wandering around the LFS as you do and stumbled across the River Reef 48ltr aquarium...... before I knew it I was at the checkout entering my pin. :hyper: Now after convincing the girlfriend it was a good thing to do I now need to decide what to do, hopefully with some help from you guys.

Initially i was thing of just a small planted community tank or small cichlid tank (if possible) but then seen some nano reef tanks and now im confused.

I already have a 125ltr community tank so that would probably be the easier option but wanted to do something a little different.

Can you guys help me decide?

Thanks in advance

Muzzy
 
leave ya wallet at home next time. lol

I am just as bad started out with a rio 180 then got a rio 125 6 months later i got another rio 180 and i have just got a rio 300 its all the stufff that goes with it that cost the money


Plant it out and have i nice shoal of dwarf spotted rasboras
 
leave ya wallet at home next time. lol

I am just as bad started out with a rio 180 then got a rio 125 6 months later i got another rio 180 and i have just got a rio 300 its all the stufff that goes with it that cost the money


Plant it out and have i nice shoal of dwarf spotted rasboras

Lol i might have to do that next time!! :D
 
how about a nice shell dweller tank? you could have at least 8 in there no prob and maybe a BN plec. now sure about the BN though but the cichlids would work :P
 
plant it out dude... plant that tank!
 
how about a nice shell dweller tank? you could have at least 8 in there no prob and maybe a BN plec. now sure about the BN though but the cichlids would work :P

Would the tank be big enough for cichlids? if i works it out right there would only be room for about 3 cichlids.
 
Remember your PIN because if you go Nano Reef then your gonna be using it quite a lot
 
Remember your PIN because if you go Nano Reef then your gonna be using it quite a lot

I think Ive talked myself out of a nano reef tank. from reading posts it seems it better to already have a reef tank before starting a nano tank.

I think my best option will be something like many have suggested, start off by planting it then maybe add some schooling fish or if i can get away with it some cichlids. Just looking at some dwarf cichlids atm.
 
Apistogrammas what an excellent choice.
 
Hi all

Ive started off by setting out the decor and adding a few plants. I would really like to get some cichlids in there when its ready but a little concerned after speaking to someone in the LFS. I was thinking of getting a few dwarf cichlids but was told that they would probably be aggresive toward each other, especially if i went for a couple of rams or kribs. Is this correct?? if im better posting this question in the cichlid forum just say.

Here are some pics!! let me know what you think :D

Cheers all for your suggestions.











 
Looks great! :good:

Only concern would be the plant at the back right of the tank. It looks very similar to one that my LFS sold me, and it turns out to not be a true aquatic. It lasted a good few months, but is now starting to fail and rot away a bit. If it's the one I think it is it stands up like that even out of the water?

See my old thread here: 3 Plant ID Parade

Really like your night lighting. How have you achieved that? Is it using the cold-cathod diy on these forums, or something else?
 
Oh... i didnt even realise it might not be a awuatic plant. Ill check out the link you posted.

The night light was standard with the tank. It has a section built into the lid of the tank where it has 2 lights for during the day and running down the side of those is a set of blue led's. Unfortunately the picture's dont do it justice, it does look better than that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top