Online places to buy plants and fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

@kamanut I had to laugh when you called Billings a "city". Billings is just the biggest little town in Montana. We do ,however, have the largest population of hicks, hayseeds, rednecks and meth heads in Montana.

Lol, well I'm in a town of 600...it IS a city! And sounds like it's getting more dangerous by the year. I'll take my farm life. :)

@dennis r when I started out in 1965 my town was considerably smaller than it is now and we had 5 shops that were overgrown fish rooms run by local guys. I really miss those guys. SS Kresge, Woolworths and Sears also sold fish. I think it was the tail end of the Golden Age of freshwater tropical fish. It's sure a different time now but it's kind of chugging along in a good direction. I am pleasantly surprised to find the interest among young people in fish. Maybe I'll try Aqua Bid but I'm not in any hurry.
I started in the hobby just about the same time. We had the same chains here in Jersey plus other department stores. In the 80s, beside mom and pop stores, we had mega fish stores. They were around 15,000 sq. ft. with every fish imaginable. Sadly, the last one closed last year. I am down to five tanks and no longer breed bettas and killies. Damn old age. Had too many tanks to properly care for.

We use to have
@kamanut I had to laugh when you called Billings a "city". Billings is just the biggest little town in Montana. We do ,however, have the largest population of hicks, hayseeds, rednecks and meth heads in Montana.
Back in 2006 I stayed at a motel in Billings after visiting Yellowstone and driving over Bear Tooth pass. Nice town

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back