One Cory Down...

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well to continue on my last topic my cory seem to have been acting lazy, they never really moved or anything. My tank was stable with no ammonia/Nitite, a Ph of 7.4-7.6 and 10-15 Nitrate. I know that Cory need more room then I had and I planned to return them next week when I had the time but only after a week one is gone and I'm worried the rest will follow. My frogs seem to be fine the the tank since there swimming around and making trips to the surface as always and the Platy still moved around (not as much as an active one but still it seems fine for now). I know my tanks over crowded and more issues may come sooner then later but whats wrong with my tank in the first place?

I have a sand substance, lots of live plants and feed Brine Shrimp and Algae Disks. I also feed every other day and do water changes 1-2 times a week (I constantly keep an eye on water parameters.
 
Personally, I would quarantine the remaining Corys. It does sound as though they may have a few health problems. Corys are well known for being very active.


Can you get some nice close up photos of them?
 
give me 5-10min and I will have a pick for you. Also I dont have a place to quarantine them right now since both tanks ae in use and I'm broke until next Saturday.
 
If you only have the one Molly, you could temporarily get away with putting the Platys and Frogs with him/her, while leaing the Corys in the other tank :good:


It would be well worth scouring eBay for a 2'/60cm tank in the mean time. You can pick up a complete setup for less than £40 :D
 
My Molly has issues with other in the tank. I tried the Platy with her when I first got him and she bullied him to no end. I tried again recently with the same results. Same goes for the ADF.

here are the pics:

100_0281.jpg


100_0282.jpg


100_0283.jpg


100_0284.jpg
 
Ah, male Platy and female Molly. Could explain the antagonism.

I have 4 Platys and 4 Mollies (2 of each male & female) in my 22gal without issues (plus i've noticed some fry in the last couple of days - 7 so far :D)


I'm just wondering if the Corys may have some kind of bacterial infection. How long have you had them?


I would suggest a 50% water change right away. I would also suggest then adding a course of treatment. try another 50% change in 24 hours and re-treat.


Also, what temperature is the tank set at? You could raise to 30 degrees for 48 hours to try an kill off any nasties.
 
Had them for a week and they where fine when I got them. The temp of the tank is 80 degrees right now and I wont be able to get any meds untill I'm paid, I only have enough to eat for the rest of the week. Will do a water change as soon as I can.
 
I am not seeing any food for the cories in your summary MWood. The brine shrimp and algae are fine as an occasional treat but what are you feeding them for their staple diet? A balanced food or a much larger variety is also in order for the platy and molly. I have no idea what to feed a frog so I won't comment on them. My best guess would be nutritional deficiencies as your basic problem.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top