Reaction score
Age and condition: +8.5 years
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: In need of re-homing due to unsuitable tank size
Delivery or Collection: Collection only
Sales price: N/A in this instance
Willing to Ship (Yes or No): No
Postage & Packaging Price: N/A

I will refer interested individuals to this topic, http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/430495-unknown-ailment/, for important information relating to the current situation (please read through the thread, far too much to repeat here). Suffice it to say, when I originally purchased the Clown Loache in a group of three, I was ignorant and a complete idiot, and although they did well for a long time, an unknown - possibly bacterial - ailment struck a number of fish down in January and February 2013, including a Clown Loach. A year onwards, after much hesitation about what killed these fish due to very few external symptoms (only wasting), another Clown Loach was struck down with exactly the same symptom. Only one remains, and while I am doing everything I can under the circumstances to treat him, I am fighting an uphill battle and the sooner he is re-homed, the better. Currently, the only symptoms are heavy breathing, lethargy, nervousness and loss of appetite - water is well-maintained, eliminating water quality as a suspect.

He must be re-homed with someone who possesses plenty of experience with Clown Loaches, and who has suitable hospital/quarantine tank facilities as there is the requirement of observation and continued treatment in the beginning, and only collection will be considered due to the difficult nature of capturing and transporting Clown Loaches (ill ones in particular). I do possess a number of medications that can be used, but due to the highly ambiguous nature of the cause of the illness and the sensitivity of Clown Loaches to medicine, I am having to hold off on treatment; with heavy breathing an important symptom, the fact that medicines require increased aeration means successive treatments with different medicines as part of eliminating various possibilities is undesirable - positive ID is important.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back