On A Lfs Mission

sombody has abit to much free time on his hands :shifty:

Somebody as no choice due to illness issues :S

I think what your doing is commendable but also a little futile..

The lfs makes its money from ignorance and will also use the same ignorance or anger to cover for their money making ways..

What would possibly be a good idea is to ask your questions then once done hand them an information leaflet that you make up b4 hand with the real facts a novice should be given out and advise them to photo copy it and give it to customers and explain they will keep custom longer that way.. Perhaps??

I wish you luck and will follow your thread with interest, I wish you could go to my LFS

Regards as ever
tag

uhh?

I am printing off the fishless cycle thread etc, and sending the ones that give me the wrong info, i said that a few posts above.

The lfs makes its money from ignorance and will also use the same ignorance or anger to cover for their money making ways..

What would possibly be a good idea is to ask your questions then once done hand them an information leaflet that you make up b4 hand with the real facts a novice should be given out and advise them to photo copy it and give it to customers and explain they will keep custom longer that way.. Perhaps??

I wish you luck and will follow your thread with interest, I wish you could go to my LFS

Regards as ever
tag

uhh?

I am printing off the fishless cycle thread etc, and sending the ones that give me the wrong info, i said that a few posts above.

I would also like to see what kind of fish they would sell to a new person. For example if you went in and said I have a 60 litre tank and want 3 oscars, to see if they would deny your business.

Regards as ever
tag

uhh?

I would also like to see what kind of fish they would sell to a new person. For example if you went in and said I have a 60 litre tank and want 3 oscars, to see if they would deny your business.

I can do that, thats no problem

Haha be funny if you did something like the Jamie Kennedy Experiment show, when at the end he goes "You have just been X'ed on my hidden camera show :D"

Haha be funny if you did something like the Jamie Kennedy Experiment show, when at the end he goes "You have just been X'ed on my hidden camera show :D"

LOL get em on Utube :lol:

I actually think its a good idea to remain annonymous and then record the calls. Make a little educational vid explaining some of the 'better' ways to cycle and add the calls to the end of the clip that blatnetly dont follow common sense. Then post it on every file sharing site you can access. Then send a letter to the stores questioned with direct links to the vids. I bet they chance their stance after that.

Also contact the local newspaper or PFK and see if they can run an article on the bad advice offered by local aquariums.

DONT STOP AT THAT !!!! Contact Roger Cook :) <----- Joke (Not joking about the rest though)

You know what, if everyone who reads this took the time to make a similiar call to their lfs and asked the same set of questions we could have a nice compilation of the sort of advice those new to the hibby are likely to encounter. Could be helpful.

should be interesting this thread give em loads 5teady im already banned from my local pet shop in chester for causing a scene lol so be carefull :good:

told them they knew about as much as my pet tortoise at keeping fish along with other things in front of a shop full of ppl
feel stupid now cutting nose off and all that
scot

I think it's a really good idea what you're doing but if it's a shop where they have a few people working there, it might be a good idea to "test" them all over a period of time before giving final judgment. It could be that you'll find some are more knowledgeable than others in a shop, especially if some assistants are new to aquatics and going through a learning phase.

Take my LFS, for example. The two managers are pretty on the spot with their advice (or have been so far with me), but they have a few teenage assistants that work part-time there on Saturdays and I've been given quite bad advice by them in the past (like oh yes you can keep a RTBS, a rainbow shark and an albino shark all in the same tank...) :crazy: .

So it really does depend on each individual assistant. What I do now is, if ever I'm aware that an assistant has made a mistake on something, I mention it to management and that way they can correct the assistant. If they are a good, reputable shop they won't take offence at mistakes being pointed out in a friendly way.

It might be a bit unfair to slate the LFS as a whole, rather than pinpoint the few offenders. Obviously, if management are the culprits at giving ludicrous advice then, yes, by all means, name and shame them!

Athena

Most reactions

Back