Omg

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

What we need to do is creat a universal e-mail which every one can copy and post to every online auction seen of these fish.

Makeing it's polite and saying that they should alter their text to state that these are man made fish and are ingected or lazor dyed and the colour will fade over time.

So let get it done.

I think that's a good idea actually - to create a standardised version that people can just copy and paste to send in response to all such auctions. If anyone's volunteering, don't forget to include that, as almost-always infertile, hybrids, they cannot be bred and that, even if they are, the next generation lacks the attractive (supposedly) coloration (this was already said). Plus, of course, that the color fades in these fish over time. They should also be forced to include potential size and tank requirement info. but that's another story :p

Sylvia, sounds like you know what you are talking about - would you consider doing the letter for us? :rolleyes:

Wow, ok, I did not know this was happening. So I looked it up and did a little research. I actually own a "painted" cory which I bought at my LFS. I did not realize that he wasn't like that naturally. He definately is the weaker of the 3 albino corys that I have (the other 2 are undyed, all natural). About the only thing that makes me feel any better about buying him is that he was alone and I possibly saved his life.

Check the bidder history and email the people that are bidding/have won the auctions. A little education goes a long way...

Go onto ebay.
Buy their cheapest (non-live) product.
Wait for them to (+) feedback you
THEN NEG THEM: ::::::>>> DYING FISH IS CRUEL <<<:::::: '

at least then others who are thinking of buying from these idiots will be forewarned....

This seller also lists many cichlids as "Wild caught" which is a big lie because when they first started listing they out up fish like gold severums and albino kribs as "Wild caught".I messaged to inform them that you dont get these colour morphs wild caught and although they didnt get back to me the auctions were quickly pulled and things like firemouths and green sevs were put up as being supposedly wild caught.The guys a dyed fish peddling crook.

Well I've contacted the buyer's from both auctions with this:-

Ref item:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-GORGEOUS-PAIR-OF-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just so u know this item you have got are classed as man made fish, the fish have been injected to make the colour of the fish the natural colour is orange, and over time the colour will fade and return to the original base colour.

I'm only contacting you as I believe the seller has not stated this, and thus breaking eBay's rule of false description.

Also to produce 1 coloured parrot fish many other usually die due to the stress fully nature of injecting the whole body.

I'm sorry to be contacting you, but feel you should be informed.

plz read http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/campaign.php

Helter

Hope that sounds more diplomatic

First reply off mtts2007 when asked how they get their colour:

hi im afraid i dont know i just get them shipped in as yellow parrots sorry

Hmm so you haven't listened to anything others have told you, OR you're lying through your teefies Mrs.

Second reply after I said I'd read they were injected with dye:

hi its fine i dont think they are actually injected some get put in water with dye in it but then the colour normally fades when down that way and others are bred with other fish to get the colour but i dont know how these got there colour thankyou

:rolleyes:

somefinfishy1962 on ebay was not happy i had contacted his buyers pointing out that he had not informed them oh the practice.

KEEP UR NOSE OUT OF MYT BUSINESS U SICK BASTXXD, UR SELLIN FAKE SHEEPSKIN, YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked what i had done wrong.

keep your nose out of my buisness,

Talking to my buyers telling them im a hoax and that my discription is totaly wrong!

So i kindly pointed out to him that i had done nothing wronge as to eBay rule's and that i felt he had given false advertising and if he wanted to complain about myself to eBay I'll happily help out.

no it is not breaking any rules!

And it is none of your buisness at the end of the day,

it does NOT say dont sell coloured fish and I am not ordering anymore anyway if you want to report me to my buyers y not report the person I bought them from?

My response yet to come, but i feel like we have won this one as well :)

Most reactions

Back