Omg!... I Did It Again....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
In SA, we have an E-Bay equivalent called "Bid or Buy"....... Just in the past week, I have bought a 3ft Fishtank (for approx. $100 - not that I need it.... I've got at least 20 empty tanks available).... a dolphin submersible pump (for $150 - I've got about 15 of 'em in a box somewhere)..... A photoshop CS4 programme (for $80) - which turned out to be a pirated version & would not upload - a Website promoter programme (for $170... I have no website to promote)..... an airpump (for $70... - I've got about 25 spare airpumps in a box somewhere) and tonight I won a bid on a breeding pair of Golden Albino Bristle nose (for $210)......

I am addicted..... I must somehow delete this link to "Bid or buy" completely from my system..... How else can I resist??

I think you using the term 'OMG' is a bit more worrying Ludwig! :lol:

I take it your wife is unaware of your auction addiction????

I think you using the term 'OMG' is a bit more worrying Ludwig! :lol:

I take it your wife is unaware of your auction addiction????

That would be Oh My Goodness!!!!..... and yea.... I try to keep it quiet, but she's the one who goes to the Post Office once a week to collect.... (I think she has a hint).... :lol:

haha know how you feel LV and I;m trying to wean myself off as I;m wasting all my cash

My ebay items get delivered to my work so the wife doesn;t know what I buy

What actually worries me the most about these "deals" is that, once I've placed a bid on an item,..... I will outbid any contender who dares to enter my domain..... even if I know I'm going way beyond the retail value..... If I place a bid.... I must win it!!! (at all costs)

i get kicked out from buying somthing for very cheap and selling it for good money.

two week ago i bought a dameged fauna marin lighting unit for £21. cost me 20 to sort things out. (and 3,4 hours)

sold it week ago for £180

Hell Yeah.... :fun:

What actually worries me the most about these "deals" is that, once I've placed a bid on an item,..... I will outbid any contender who dares to enter my domain..... even if I know I'm going way beyond the retail value..... If I place a bid.... I must win it!!! (at all costs)

lol... most sellers have more then few accounds. that mean they can bid to the money they want. or they will not sell it.

its not fun to bidd in this websites. not anymore. most r fixed. if u want real kick go to the real auction.

how to stop? bid and dont pay.. u r banned from there for life.

For instance...... What on earth is this, and where is it used????.....

It was listed as "casing fan, 80 x 80 x 25...... (brand new)" and that is all it said...... I placed a bid and won it.... (I bought 4 of them for less than $10 - shipping included)..... only because it seemed like a bargain, but I have no clue what it is and where it is used.....

Fan.jpg

How about connecting them together and using them to cool your credit card down! :rofl:

It was listed as "casing fan, 80 x 80 x 25...... (brand new)" and that is all it said...... I placed a bid and won it.... (I bought 4 of them for less than $10 - shipping included)..... only because it seemed like a bargain, but I have no clue what it is and where it is used.....

Fan.jpg

They're fans for going inside computer cases to keep them cool (sometimes get used in light fittings and stuff too).

How about connecting them together and using them to cool your credit card down! :rofl:

Hah!

Oh Lud, think I'm going to have to come over to South Africa and help you sort this little addiction out!!! :p

Seffie x

Fan.jpg
Looks like a cooling fan for a computer. Got a good bargain if it is -provided you need a few computer fans of course!
I went through a similr Ebay addiction once, buying stuff I didn't need and never used. The only cure is to go"Cold Turkey" and to ban yourself from visiting such sites for at least three months(maybe even six) until you can just buy one item that you really want/need without being tempted to bid for useless rubbish.

Most reactions

Back