OMG...... Bubbles!!!!! :D

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Yeaulman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I was just sitting there, watching my tank, and I noticed all the little bubbles coming off of the plants. I am guessing that it is photosynthesis happening. My tank has only been set up for a day and all I can say is WOW :rolleyes:

Photosynthesis in action does generate small bubbles, it is generally called "pearling" in the aquatic plant world. If that is what you are seeing, great.

Another possibility with a VERY new set up is that the bubbles are dissolved gases coming out of solution from your water. If you fill a glass of water, and leave it for a while, you will often see small bubbles. It is due to the pressure reduction when the water under pressure in the pipes, is released.

It is awesome the first time you see your plants pearling.... especially if it's a slow growing plant like java fern, and the bottom side of the leaf is absolutely covered in little oxygen bubbles :D It almost makes all the work to get to that point worthwhile :)

chkltcow said:
It is awesome the first time you see your plants pearling.... especially if it's a slow growing plant like java fern, and the bottom side of the leaf is absolutely covered in little oxygen bubbles :D It almost makes all the work to get to that point worthwhile :)
Mine do this after every water change , it's nice to look at .

Most reactions

Back