Okay, It'S About My Fin-Rot Problem

allie95

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
PA
Alright, so I have 3 guppies and 3 platies. They all came down with fin rot (in varying intensities) and on at least two of them, their tails are almost completely ragged. Will they grow back?
 
Okay, that's good. I was getting kind of worried. Look at these tails!
212buk3.jpg

bfqkua.jpg

i78u34.jpg

30lgsg2.jpg
 
Eeep. But I have seen worse. It should grow back but may look slightly different than before. Just make sure the finrot has been eradicated.
P.
 
Phew. I was really worried. But I'm in the middle of the treatment, and will probably end up extending it a little bit just to be safe. I'm not going to add anything more for at LEAST 2 weeks. I was considering getting some pygmy cories when I caught the finrot. I'm pretty glad I didn't add them before realizing what was going on! (Oh, and my other platy was hiding. I'll try and get another picture of him later, but his tail isn't nearly so bad.)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top