Ok To Keep One?

rich

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sheffield, England
About 3 years ago I bought 5 Serpae tetra (which soon became 4) However over the last year 3 of the others have died and now I am left with one. However, obviously this a shoaling fish and would like some friends. My problem is that he is now also getting old and I don't want any more serpae as they are fin nippers (at least the last lot). My tank is heavily planted and he seems fine, although is more nervous about getting food since his friend died a couple of weeks ago. Shall I just leave him for his final months? (I guess it could happen to us all when we outlive our friends and family)
 
My suggestion would be to finde someone who has other serpaes that is willing to take your little dude. You obviously know their needs, so I would just try and finde a good home with lots of buddies to live the rest of his days with. Good luck with your little guy!

I would also reccomend getting 3more corries. Their schooling too, and like groups of 5 or more(just thought I would try to be helpfull)
 
Can understand your dilemma, I had a similar situation with a couple of OAP neon's a while back. I put an ad up on the buy, sell, swap forum and there were a couple of people who volunteered to take them to live out their days with their shoals. Didn't need to in the end cos Ian decided he wanted sonme cardinal tetra's and the neons will school with them so they just went in together, but it was relativley easy to find somewhere for them to go where they can be happy. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top