• Toshiba

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Compaq

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
well, i have this old inspiron E1405 right? and its 5 years old so im due to a replacement :lol: she has served me well but im getting a hand-me-down from my parents (i dont care too much as they are both like Mr.Krabs from spongebob and i cant change that) soi have a choice between:

my moms Toshiba A205 with windows vista and a built in 1.3 (or 3.1??) Mp camera

my dads Compaq 2510P with a fingerprint scanner, i think its Xp as back then Vista wasnt too good lol

dads laptop is a year old my moms i think either a little younger or older, both look brand new cept my dads laptop was fromhis old company so it had to have one or two stickers removed but i can probaby get that off lol

i have first pick since im older and i jut dont know enough info to get the better one

sorryif you need mre infobut im sure a quick google would help (i should do that too tbh lol)

Go with the tosh!! I have had no probs with them, be honest thats all I by anymore, what size harddrive is in it? RAM? and what graohic card? if your not sure send me the model numbers from them and i will look it up. Have fun
Megan

well, i have this old inspiron E1405 right? and its 5 years old so im due to a replacement :lol: she has served me well but im getting a hand-me-down from my parents (i dont care too much as they are both like Mr.Krabs from spongebob and i cant change that) soi have a choice between:

my moms Toshiba A205 with windows vista and a built in 1.3 (or 3.1??) Mp camera

my dads Compaq 2510P with a fingerprint scanner, i think its Xp as back then Vista wasnt too good lol

dads laptop is a year old my moms i think either a little younger or older, both look brand new cept my dads laptop was fromhis old company so it had to have one or two stickers removed but i can probaby get that off lol

i have first pick since im older and i jut dont know enough info to get the better one

sorryif you need mre infobut im sure a quick google would help (i should do that too tbh lol)

Having looked at the specs go with the toshiba bigger hard drive and faster processor also a bigger screen

ill make a poll for this lol

toshiba specs---Satellite A205-S4617 Unique Specifications ($1,349.99)

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500
1.66GHz, 2MB L2, 667MHz FSB with 64-bit
2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory
250GB (4200 RPM) Serial-ATA (SATA) hard disk drive
DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) with Labelflash drive supporting 11 formats
15.4-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite display
1280x800 native resolution (XWGA)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-256MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
Built-in Harman Kardon stereo speakers
Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965 AGN (802.11a/g/n)
Embedded webcam with built-in microphone
Fingerprint reader

compaq---

Genuine Windows Vista Business*,
Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic,
Genuine Windows XP Professional, or
FreeDOS
Starting at 2.8 lb/1.29 kg and less than 1 inch thin
Integrated optical drive support on select models
Flexible wireless connectivity options:
Integrated HP ev2210 1xEVDO-A or HP hs2300 HSDPA Broadband Wireless module
Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n, a/b/g, or b/g wireless LAN module
Bluetooth®
12.1-inch Illumi-LiteWXGA display with Ambient Light Sensor and HP Privacy Filter support
3-, 6-, and 9-cell battery options
Intel® Centrino® with vPro™ processor capable, with Intel Core™2 Duo ULV and LV processors
Full magnesium alloy enclosure, magnesium alloy support structure, and HP DuraFinish
Enhanced security features including HP Fingerprint Sensor, TPM 1.2**, optional Smart Card Reader,
and Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
HP QuickLook on Windows Vista models for instant access to email, calendar, and contact information
Up to 120-GB 5400 rpm, user-removable hard drive protected by HP 3D DriveGuard or 64-GB Solid State Drive
Up to 4 GB of 667-MHz DDR2 SDRAM (runs at 533-MHz); one memory slot
Full-size keyboard with HP DuraKeys
Touch-sensitive controls
Dual pointing devices (touchpad with scroll zone and pointstick)
Connector for HP 2400/2500 Ultra-Light Docking Station
Integrated Intel Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000 NIC)
Secure Digital (SD) slot

sorry they are both from different sites and idk if the actual computers in question have certain things

ok so its toshiba-2 compaq-1

it would also help if you guys would state a reason as to why lol im no good at this

i guess it would be mainly for games, and running programs for school and stuff

it would also help if you guys would state a reason as to why lol im no good at this

The specs appeart to be for the brand rather than your specifc laptop, at least for the Compaq which makes it harder to tell which one would be better. Both will be fine for your school work but not great for demnding games.
I personally would try them both and make my mind up that way - although initially I would be inclined to go for the Tosh. The compaq as you say came from your Dads old company and so may have had a lot of use and you may find things like the hard drive need replacing fairly soon...but that does all depend on how much use it's had.

The specs appeart to be for the brand rather than your specifc laptop, at least for the Compaq which makes it harder to tell which one would be better. Both will be fine for your school work but not great for demnding games.
I personally would try them both and make my mind up that way - although initially I would be inclined to go for the Tosh. The compaq as you say came from your Dads old company and so may have had a lot of use and you may find things like the hard drive need replacing fairly soon...but that does all depend on how much use it's had.

as far as i know he use to take it around everywhere, and like i said the only part that dont look new are where the stickers for the company was, my moms toshiba she only uses it for web browsing and every now and then for docs. right now my brother is play Civalization IV with all the expansions on it but i dont know how old that game is, my 5 year old inspiron can run spore but with some color issues and plays eve online fine so i would expect on either of the two new ones to run those better as well as a new game im getting.

Most reactions

Back