Ok Now Im Worried..

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Well I got 3 of these yesterday, I already have two leopard plecs, and 2 baby Galaxy Rasboras, now I carnt see one of my Galaxys~

Im just wondering if the serpea tetras would of killed it? As it is abit smaller than them.

But the other one is swimming about fine - and at times yesterday i saw all of them shoaling together.
 
Could well have been eaten, although not necessarily killed by serpae.

Correct me if Im wrong, but this tank isnt fully cycled is it? As it was only set up a week or so ago? Can you give water stats as these may help with working out what happened to the missing fish. Galazy Rasboras really need to be in a larger group to be happy too. Serpae being tetras also need a larger group of 6 minimum to spread their nippyness between themselves.
 
So how many galaxy's should i have?

Oh - its not in my own tank (only put them in tere for about 10 minutes) They are in my dads tank, which is cycled.



I found the baby galaxy by the way
 
6-8 minimum, they are tiny so wont have much effect on the bio load.
 
Ok - Also, He has just made a 3ft cichlid tank - And has an external filter which has already established, but new water. The guy in the LFS shop told me the bacteria already would of died and I didn't believe him.

Is there a way to keep the bacteria alive for a couple of weeks till my dad buys some fish? - Maybe fish food?

He carn't put a few other fish in there as he has loads of Oceon Rock so the PH will be to high.
 
Either by adding fish food as a source of ammonia or buy some bottled ammonia and run it like a fishless cycle. Without a souce of food the bacteria will die back quickly.
 
It will, but its hard to say with food how much to add daily to keep the bacteria alive, the only way to know for sure is with liquid ammonia, with either though the only way to tell is with a good test kit to keep an eye on the ammonia and nitrIte.
 
ooooooooooooooooo we found out what they were then.. good, ill sleep tonight now :lol:

*note to self .. take pics of mine for id as i thought they were the same*
 
That's something I probably should have mentioned in you other post, along with the ID. Serpaes can be nasty little buggers when they want to be. Not the worst, especially when kept in a good sized group, but they do like a good nip.
 
I think I am going to get another 3 soon, I have noticed them chasing the Glowlight Tetras a bit so i dont want any lose's.

- Even though I add the 3 serpea's after will they still school with the other 3?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top