🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jared Learn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon long.

GH- 9dh
KH- 3dh
ph- 7.8

I have a dwarf gourami, tank is completely cycled nitrites 0 ammonia 0 nitrates 10 parts per million. Based on earlier recommendations by some of the folks on this site I was thinking of adding 10 harlequin rasboras and six Panda Cory's. All the fish I have chosen are within the correct parameters according to seriously fish as far as temperature hardness and all that. Please let me know what you think any recommendations. Thanks a million.

And also just out of curiosity would I be able to do some Otto's or would I be pretty much fully stocked with the rasboras cories and the one gourami?

I have no idea how big a 20 gallon long is. But the water appears to be suitable for the fish you mentioned, so as long as there is sufficient room, they should be fine together. :)

Don't add Otocinclus. You could add some shrimp if you have lots of plants in the tank. Gouramis like surface/ floating plants and Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is a great plant for them. It grows rapidly on the surface but also grows in the substrate.

The tank is borderline for the Cories but 6 of them should be ok with the other fish in a 30 inch tank.

I would add a few more panda cories; this is a small sized cory, and they are very social, my group of seven are always out and about in pairs, trios, or more. In your tank (I have a couple tanks with the same base dimensions) a grop of 8-9 panda cories would be best. They enjoy swimming in the filter flow, so make sure this is at one end of the tank.

I would not get otos now, wait until things settle and mature if then.

I would add a few more panda cories; this is a small sized cory, and they are very social, my group of seven are always out and about in pairs, trios, or more. In your tank (I have a couple tanks with the same base dimensions) a grop of 8-9 panda cories would be best. They enjoy swimming in the filter flow, so make sure this is at one end of the tank.

I would not get otos now, wait until things settle and mature if then.
Ok that sounds good, that's what I'll do. Thanks again all!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back