Ok Guys New Idea

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ginge

Betta Extermination Team!!!
Reaction score
Don't slaugher me if you dont agree but i think it could be a good thing to have 2 seperate subforums in the hardware section 1 for good products where we can all post reviews of good products that we can advise other people use and then another subforum for the opposite bad product reviews we asvise not to use.

A subsection for specific product reviews would be a great idea :)

Something like :

Make : Eheim
Model : 2224

Specification :
for tank size up to 250l.
output 700l/h
Filter circulation 500l/h
Delivery head 1,50 m Ws
Filter volume 3,0l
Power consumption 8 W
Dimensions approx. mm 340 x 178 x 178

Review: blablabla etc. etc. :)

I don't think it would be a good idea to "bad" review products as then you get into legal battles. The good review thing sounds good though.

Isn't that covered by freedom of speech? I think you're entitled to say you didn't like something or you found a fault with it/it's operation without being sued.

bad reviews would have to be very carfully worded
you would have to state something like "the model that I tested/used didn't perform well"; rather than all of these models are rubbish. blanket stating that all of one model is rubbish could lead to a libal law suit from the makers. (it has happened).
due to this legal nightmare it would be best, imho, that this forum don't allow it. there are too many numpties here that can't be bothered to read pinned guidlines for sigs let alone ones for posting in a particular forum.

Just an overall product review sub-forum would be better than two forums (one for positive reviews and one for negatives.)

I think we do need a product review directory just like we have a fish directory and a fish-shops directory...

I believe you would just need a forum disclaimer on the sub-forum.. something that states..

"The reviews in this forum are not the views of the "forums owners", but are the opinions of the "users" within the forum. If a third party would like any particular review removed, or the opportunity to comment on the review, please contact. [email protected]"

im no lawyer, but im sure ive seen things like that before.

Squid

Just an overall product review sub-forum would be better than two forums (one for positive reviews and one for negatives.)

I think we do need a product review directory just like we have a fish directory and a fish-shops directory...

i think it comes down to terminology.. i believe the techie PHP forum terminoligy for what you are refering to as a directory, is indeed a forum. Hence why this is called the Tropical fish FORUMS, and not Tropica fish FORUM...

so.. i think you are talking about the same thing. ;)

Squid

Isn't that covered by freedom of speech? I think you're entitled to say you didn't like something or you found a fault with it/it's operation without being sued.
I don't think Europeans are as farmiller with that as we have been brought up to be.
I don't know if its a thing over there..

And since it'd be covering european products..
Of course, everyone could just say it was one of us crazy Americans..

Hmmm....I know it would help with the product buying etc and I would like to see it happen, but I can't help but think that there would already be a section if there wasn't some sort of problem in providing one.

I believe you would just need a forum disclaimer on the sub-forum.. something that states..

"The reviews in this forum are not the views of the "forums owners", but are the opinions of the "users" within the forum. If a third party would like any particular review removed, or the opportunity to comment on the review, please contact. [email protected]"

im no lawyer, but im sure ive seen things like that before.

Squid

I'm reliably informed by a journalist buddy that a book "journalism and law" written by Mcnae, it covers a section including internet forums. During this section it apparently includes that internet forums can be held liable for information held within them, and this includes the rambling of the forum users. There is opportunity for potentially libellous claims to be made by forum users, which can jeopardise the future of the forums, and the bank balance of the forum owner.

It's paraphrased and from an incident that happened a few years back on forums I run, but it was enough of an issue for us to have to make changes.

I think it may be a bad idea to post reviews of the products, however, I think it might be a great idea to post the exact facts about the products. Ingredients in meds, turnover on filters, whether or not the dechlorinator also locks in heavy metals and how much a bottle will treat sound like the kind of things I would want to have at hand.

Just my 0.02.

I think it may be a bad idea to post reviews of the products, however, I think it might be a great idea to post the exact facts about the products. Ingredients in meds, turnover on filters, whether or not the dechlorinator also locks in heavy metals and how much a bottle will treat sound like the kind of things I would want to have at hand.

Just my 0.02.
Why would we want to do that if there is google ? :huh:

Just my 0.02.
Why would we want to do that if there is google ? :huh:

You say the same about the forums to a certain extent.

To have all of the facts next to each other, easily comparable, then that would offer something google wouldn't.

Not really. We are here to share our experiences and views.
Not the same at all.....

Most reactions

Back