Ok After My Disaster

Littlemonkey

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire
If you had read my thread about the loss of My Apple snails from my 60 litre, I am now re-cycling the tank. I'm not happy with the current fluval filter so, as its the beginning I am going to change the filter. When I next do a water change from the community I was going to put the cleaner water from that tank into the 60 litre, will this speed up the cycling process. The weird thing is the plants 1 x amazon sword and young vallis plants have gone nuts, they were in there when the mishap happen'd. Oh yes and there is de-chlor in there, lesson well learn't. So I guess what I'm asking is if everytime I change water in the community tank and put the water from there into the 60 litre, will this help the cycle along.

Oh yes and fingers crossed folks, my other half has got an interview. HoooRahhhhhh
 
There is very little in the way of beneficial bacteria in the water so there's not really any point in doing that.
What you could do though is take a piece of filter media from your community tank filter and place it in the one you are going to be cycling - that will give it a good kick start :good:

Good luck to the other half with his interview *fingers crossed*
 
There is very little in the way of beneficial bacteria in the water so there's not really any point in doing that.
What you could do though is take a piece of filter media from your community tank filter and place it in the one you are going to be cycling - that will give it a good kick start :good:

Good luck to the other half with his interview *fingers crossed*

Thanks for that, will pass on your good Luck. The filter I'm planning to get is the Aqua Flow 100 which is the smaller version of what I've already got in the community, so it shouldn't be a problem taking a piece of the media and transferring it. Oh yes, when are the new boy's arriving. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top