Oh, Santa...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes, think about that? A 240 gallon tank to fill up, not to mention the electricity bill.

If any of you guys know the King of DIY (one of my favorite fish YouTubers), he has a 2,000 gallon Asian Arowana tank. 2,000 gallons, imagine the water bill on that! :eek::oops::crazy:

That guy on youtube makes lots and lots of money from Google as he has many subscribers and loads of views. I think youtube is his main income. I watch many of his videos. He recently got 6 more tanks set up to add to his numerous amount of other tanks.

That guy on youtube makes lots and lots of money from Google as he has many subscribers and loads of views. I think youtube is his main income. I watch many of his videos. He recently got 6 more tanks set up to add to his numerous amount of other tanks.
When Joey Mullen was building his fishroom gallery, he reached out to his subscribers with a GoFundMe and as I recall, raised well over $50k in 48 hours!

Plus 8 - 125g, a couple of other large tanks, plus 6 - 40g breeders...but he has a well so it's just the electrical cost to pump it out.
I’m already kind of in that boat. A 55G, 45G (2) 20 long’s, (2) 10G, (2) 5G and a 150G garden pond. The pond only gets a w/c once a week but the other’s get a 75% and a 50% weekly. My water bill runs about $120/month.

I’m already kind of in that boat. A 55G, 45G (2) 20 long’s, (2) 10G, (2) 5G and a 150G garden pond. The pond only gets a w/c once a week but the other’s get a 75% and a 50% weekly. My water bill runs about $120/month.
And my parents say I’m bad! :rofl:

I am lucky. At the moment our water bill falls in a gap. A couple of decades or so ago, UK water bills were based on the rateable value of the property. Then the government abandoned rates in favour of a different way of raising local taxes; houses built after that date have no rateable value, so water rates were set at a fixed amount per annum regardless of the size of the property or how much water was used. A few years later, compulsory water meters were introduced. We are in the "fixed fee per annum regardless of the size of the house or how much water we use" gap. We could choose to have a water meter but it would cost us more so until the water company introduces compulsory meters for everyone, we'll stay with what we have now.

We are in the "fixed fee per annum regardless of the size of the house or how much water we use" gap. We could choose to have a water meter but it would cost us more so until the water company introduces compulsory meters for everyone, we'll stay with what we have now.
Hmmm - we were in that category until earlier this year. Then one day (about the same time as I installed the RO filter) we were notified that compulsory installation of water meters was happening next week. No prior warning.

Only positive is we had no previous meter readings so I don't have to worry about any questions about how our water usage / bill has increased so much :angel:

Only positive is we had no previous meter readings so I don't have to worry about any questions about how our water usage / bill has increased so much :angel:
If only fish could talk my friend, if only fish could talk....:fish:

Just buy it - it's a good deal but you might want to have an engineer type person come in and look at the supports under your floor and see if it can handle the weight (Unless you're putting this in a basement). I would buy this in a heartbeat but the water changes would kill me and I rent a duplex so I don't want to risk the tank falling through the floor. The place already has foundation issues - and I could put it in the basement but it's constantly getting bugs and spiders due to separation of the foundation. But if your floors can handle the weight - just do it!!!! They sell really big wrapping bags - buy a couple of those to wrap it up in. Best of luck. I wish I could get one.

The only thing I don't like is the stand - I like stands that are several inches bigger than the tank, then you have some place to set your food, or cleaning tools etc. But if you have a small table you can put next to it you can put all your stuff there.

oh and I don't have any water access in the basement so I'd be trying to tote large buckets of water up and down some very steep narrow stairs - and I'd probably die in a fall. But I may have a construction friend of mine come out and see if my main floor could handle the weight - but then again the water changes would be killer! You just can't win. But if you're young and healthy (instead of old and sick) then you could do this. Cut the water changes down to once per week with a tank this size - it can handle the extra junk in the tank.

Just buy it - it's a good deal but you might want to have an engineer type person come in and look at the supports under your floor and see if it can handle the weight (Unless you're putting this in a basement). I would buy this in a heartbeat but the water changes would kill me and I rent a duplex so I don't want to risk the tank falling through the floor. The place already has foundation issues - and I could put it in the basement but it's constantly getting bugs and spiders due to separation of the foundation. But if your floors can handle the weight - just do it!!!! They sell really big wrapping bags - buy a couple of those to wrap it up in. Best of luck. I wish I could get one.
My home is on a concrete foundation so no worries there. My Hubble is my worry. Lol!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back