Oh No... Not Another Nano Startup Thread!

rite now this tank is probably ones of the best ive seen, but im just wondering, dod i have to have a sump to obtrain this beauty? my nano thread will be updated later, however not had chance to add anything too it as yet, but it is cycled!

yes, i have a 10G sump, full of the equipment (including skimmer) and loads of cheato.

You mentioned earlier in the thread that you have high flow through your sump. Im planning a sump of my own with a higher flow so I dont have to have too much equipment in my tank. I want to add chaeto and was wondering how effective it is in your experience with the higher flow.

Great looking tank. Hopefully mine will look half that nice in time!

I would say now that the overall flow through the sump is about 4-5x turnover, so not such a high flow. The is a compartment in there of live rock which turns over (just that compartment) at least 20x an hour.

I did try a much higher flow rate, but it was like having a washing machine under the tank and a downgraded the pump again after a day or so. 5x is about right imo.

Rare shot of the urchin active during lights on:

20080222Urchin.jpg

And finally a clear pic of the Goby:

20080222Goby.jpg

Not much going on with the tank at the moment, all attention focused on replacing with with a much bigger reef at the moment, at which point everything from the nano will get transferred, with the probable exception of the wrasse which I'll try an rehome instead.

Most reactions

Back