OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to get so involved, but this is what I do for a living and happens to be my passion, so I'll add a few more things. First samoyeds and labs are not considered killer breeds, when I use that phrase I'm referring to Rotts, Doberman, pit bulls, that type. To clarify: Any dog can be taught to be aggressive. While genetics plays a role, socialization is key and no dog or breed is inherently evil. What you need to do is start socializing this dog as if it were a puppy. When you are out, have the dog sit at your side and shake hands with strangers (if you explain what you're doing, it won't seem weird) When she is fully comfortable with other people touching you, then move on to letting them touch her. Even though she's been fine in the past, this incident has really shown that there was a glitch at some point and you need to go back to square one. When you're at home, you can do thngs that put her in a submissive position, such as laying her on her back and petting her belly. Also rubbing her ears is a very calming action as it releases endorphins into her system. I'd like to tell you more about the biting situation if you don't mind, but I have to go to work right now. I will post more later, unless I'm getting annoying and in that case I'll shut my mouth!

hmm.. heated..

pointy i wish u were the owner of the dog that bit me when i was 10...i wasnt comforted at all, my leg was bleading (nice big hole) i could hardly stand or breath through shock and the owner screamed at me that it was my fault for moving near her mut (was in her house at the time how could i not move?) she then calmly picked me up and placed me outside to make my own way home...

when my parents found out my dad was goin wild, he wanted it put down because i wasnt the first person it had bitten, i argued in the dogs defence and in the end saved its life.

what im trying to say is... the parent will go to town on u, for one reason an one reason only GUILT, they will feel guilty because they wernt there to protect there child, they will feel guilty because they wernt there to stop the child from petting the dog...
u did the right thing by staying around to check if the child was hurt, fair enough u did panic, but who wouldnt? anyone who says they wouldnt panic has more sh*^ commin out of their mouth than out of a donkeys arse on derby day!.

u cant go back on yourself now, concentrate on training ur dog.

what would u say if u did find the parents? 'oh by the way im the owner of the dog that put a slight dent in ur childs leg?' belive me that would tick them off.... just leave it an let it lie hun... none of us (who make a difference) here would judge u :D

**hugs** :wub:

treefrog said:
So just curious are you decided on whether your going to try to track down the parents? Did this occur in the childrens yard? And you say 1 child was around 6 yrs old how about the other? It appears to have been an unfortunate accident and I'm sorry for all the stress it has caused you. As a parent however, I feel you must try to contact these parents and explain the situation. If the incident occurred somewhere other than the kids yard, what were they doing out alone at that age? (maybe I'm to protective of my child) Hope things work out for the best.
i have not yet found the parents
and i was sitting on a bench on a creek side trail behind a bunch of houses and the children approached me
i guessed that the boy was about 6 and the girl was about 5
there were no parents in site
i guessed that they must have come from one of the unfenced yards of one of the houses but they weren't in a yard

and sorrell, i really appreciate your help and i would love any advice you could give me :D
she's such a beautiful dog but she is so big and i hate that people are scared of her because of her halti and her size :/

nightlife20 said:
what would u say if u did find the parents? 'oh by the way im the owner of the dog that put a slight dent in ur childs leg?' belive me that would tick them off.... just leave it an let it lie hun... none of us (who make a difference) here would judge u :D

**hugs** :wub:
:lol:
thatsa what i was afraid of having to say :crazy:
:rofl:

Good luck PK in what every you do decide.
Sorrell obviously knows about dogs and I could do with some advice about my dog from this person but will start my own thread. (I hate to sabotage someone elses).
Perhaps some parents would go wild if you approached them now, I don't think I would but I am quite an understanding person when it comes to dogs.
All the people on here (apart from one) seems to be in your favour just as I am. I think I would have done exactly what you did, don't know if I would think of the parents or not, nobody really knows what they would do in that kind of situation until it happens to them!
Don't let the one person on here that has been giving you extra grief in this situation bother or upset you. People like that are not worth replying to :D

Good luck PK in what every you do decide.
Sorrell obviously knows about dogs and I could do with some advice about my dog from this person but will start my own thread. (I hate to sabotage someone elses).
Perhaps some parents would go wild if you approached them now, I don't think I would but I am quite an understanding person when it comes to dogs.
All the people on here (apart from one) seems to be in your favour just as I am. I think I would have done exactly what you did, don't know if I would think of the parents or not, nobody really knows what they would do in that kind of situation until it happens to them!
Don't let the one person on here that has been giving you extra grief in this situation bother or upset you. People like that are not worth replying to :D

i sincerly hope that you are not calling me a child as you have no idea how old i am and i asure you i am no child.

please do not reply anymore in my posts as i do not value your rude, childish imput
thank you

Well said!

kaz petts said:
Sorry kind of double posted!!!!!
hahaha
good job on that double posting ;)
thanx for your kind words :D
as you can tell i went from crying to feeling alot better
we have some pretty kind, and knowledgable people here :thumbs:
good luck with your dog :nod:

My dogs problem is that he won't go to my husband but will go to other men.
Don't wish to sabotage your post PK but if anyone out there can help I would appreciate a PM.
Thanks
Kaz

P.S Hope everything turns out OK for you PK.

I have to say that if a dog of mine wasn't comfortable around even a few different types of people I wouldn't have let the kids pet him/her :no: :/ That's just me though..... I won't let kids pet my larger dog, husky and golden ret. mix, just out of fear of something happening. He has never bit, or chased or anything....he's actually the sweetest dog in the world.......but I'm still a little concerned when it comes to kids!!

That said, I don't think you did anything "wrong". Your dog never showed aggression towards children so how were you suppose to know :dunno: I'm sorry about that!!

I hope you don't let it eat you alive......we all make mistakes and believe me when I say that I've made worse ones than letting 2 little kids pet my dog!!! :lol: :nod:

Keep us posted!

Silver
:*

silver said:
I have to say that if a dog of mine wasn't comfortable around even a few different types of people I wouldn't have let the kids pet him/her :no: :/
That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say.... Anyone with any common sense would think that way

Pure14K said:
silver said:
I have to say that if a dog of mine wasn't comfortable around even a few different types of people I wouldn't have let the kids pet him/her  :no:    :/
That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say.... Anyone with any common sense would think that way
"trying" is the right word for it
what YOU said was rude and insulting

its like the difference between you trying to pass someone and saying "excuse me" or you saying "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!"

and BTW
she hasn't had ANY problems with imediate family OR children before then and i try to socialize her (thinking of course it best to do so with those she is more comfortable with) so yes it was bad judgment on my part but with good reason
i shall start from scratch and socialize her in different ways but i will not just lock her away from the world or "give her away" so that she can be destroyed or thrown in a yard somewhere with people who don't take care of her

Pure14K said:
Auratus said:
Maybe you should be done posting because no one is agreeing with you.
I couldn't care less if anyone is agreeing with me or not... I'm going to state my opinion, regardless...
If your opinions wrong DON'T say it

good luck Pointy kitty

vantgE said:
If your opinions wrong DON'T say it
My opinion isn't wrong.... Sorry to disapoint you, but nobody's opinion is wrong.... It's an opinion, not a fact.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back