Oh Boy, Or Better: Oh Girl...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Meeresstille

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Meet Firefly! 

Saw her yesterday when I picked up dog food. Today I went back, to get her. She was actually the first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning, and I was hoping that she would still be there when I went to look after work. 

So, I`ve set up the 5 gallon QT tank for her. Borrowed some substrate and decor from the big tank, took some of the media and set it up nicely for her. My plan is to get a biorb that I can set up in my husbands computer room which he is still renovating.

Please excuse the poor quality, I used my cell phone`s camera. The colors aren`t quite true either, her fins have a lovely violet color! 

female Betta one.jpgfemale Betta three.jpgfemale Betta two.jpg

Husband is due back from work in half an hour, oh oh.....I better get that Yorkshire Pudding bribe ready, lol!

Just tell him it followed you home. ;)

She's a beauty!

I like the idea of having a small tank on my desk but I can see the look on hubby's face if I ever dared suggest having a tank of water next to the computer : NO chance! :D

@ Daizeuk. Even I would say no to that. :no:

daizeUK said:
She's a beauty!

I like the idea of having a small tank on my desk but I can see the look on hubby's face if I ever dared suggest having a tank of water next to the computer : NO chance!
biggrin.png
No no! No way she is going to go on his computer desk.....he`s going to scare her to death the way he plays some of those games, lol! She`ll get a nice spot on a little dresser or table. :)

My laptop is wedged between tanks -.-

She's adorable. :)

Firefly 1.jpgThanks, Kasumi! She is still so small, even the 5 gallon looks big, lol!

It`s not easy taking pictures of such a little fire cracker
smile.png
, but I took a better camera and I think the colors may be a little better.

Was too big to add with the other:

Attachments

• Firefly 2.jpg
    Firefly 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 57
Well, she found herself some food....fresh shrimp! 
bye2.gif

pretty Firefly killed shrimp.jpg

One more 
smile.png

pretty Firefly.jpg

Aww poor shrimp!  Was that their home before Firefly arrived? 

She's an adorable little thing isn't she? I like the idea of tank on my work space. I'd need to clear out the beetle cage first and find a new place for it. Have you got any full tank shots?

Daize, no, those were some shrimp that I fished out of the filters from my 40 gallon tank. I did feed her some pellets, but I guess she was still hungry. 
huh.png

Thanks, Wildbetta! I thought so too! :)

She sure is, TallTree, she likes to hide in the back for now, only coming to the front out of curiosity to see who keeps clicking those lights into her tank, hee hee!
I was so focused on getting her colors to show properly and getting a good picture of her that I haven`t tried a full tank shot yet. Will post it when I get a good pic! 
fish.gif

At the risk of you guys getting sick of me, here`s the full tank pic:

5 gallon Firefly 1.jpg

One more:
5 gallon Firefly 2.jpg

Nice little tank.  It looks bigger than 5 gallons.  She must be tiny!

We will never get sick of you posting pictures.  :D  

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back