Set up the purple tank yesterday, because no fish or any bacteria in there, didnt dechlor it, thought Id pop some in when I added mature media from my external before adding fish.
Well this morning took out a large sponge from my ext filter and added it straight to the filter in the new tank - not adding dechlor! Then proceeded to add the new guppies and my albino cory's I already had.
Suddenley remembered what Id done - will I have killed the bacteria off? Would the chlorine have 'gassed' off over night with the filter running? Just gone and doubled dosed on dechlor in some vain hope
I have visions of a fish in cycle coming on and that is something I seriously dont want to do.
Any thoughts?
Well this morning took out a large sponge from my ext filter and added it straight to the filter in the new tank - not adding dechlor! Then proceeded to add the new guppies and my albino cory's I already had.
Suddenley remembered what Id done - will I have killed the bacteria off? Would the chlorine have 'gassed' off over night with the filter running? Just gone and doubled dosed on dechlor in some vain hope
I have visions of a fish in cycle coming on and that is something I seriously dont want to do.
Any thoughts?

wasn`t untill the pretty clown fish on the front of the bottle caught my attention one day that i actually read the bottle...lol, i could have kicked my own ass!! was really annoyed that for months i had been spending money on the wrong stuff and also that i had taken the advice of a well known petstore and not checked it against anything...yes i now use aquasafe, but i only use it as im happy to take risks, but not when anything else will suffer -just sort of security






