Off topic posts split from thread "Some neat fish at my LFS"

If you want to tell jokes go ahead, do it, but not on a thread like this please.
200w.gif

No but seriously... Why are you being so serious and against a but of humor? It's ok to be human on here ya know

View attachment 163075
No but seriously... Why are you being so serious and against a but of humor? It's ok to be human on here ya know
What you have done to this thread must be OK with everyone, as none of the mods have stepped in, so carry on. I look forward to seeing you guys' high jack the next thread for fun when you feel like it.

It took me ages, but all the off topic posts from the "some neat fish at my lfs" are now here in their own thread in General Chat.

What you have done to this thread must be OK with everyone, as none of the mods have stepped in, so carry on. I look forward to seeing you guys' high jack the next thread for fun when you feel like it.
It's more of an accident when it happens... We just start talking. We're not trying to hijack a thread... It just happens.
It took me ages, but all the off topic posts from the "some neat fish at my lfs" are now here in their own thread in General Chat.
Cool! Thanks. Nice compromise

@Essjay I'd let these run in their weird ways til the kids get bored, then delete the posts. They may be fun at the time, but they aren't keepers and any new member clicking out of curiosity is going think they're in a pre-teen chatroom.

The big test is to look before you post and ask yourself "Would a person who didn't already know me here have any interest in reading what I just wrote?" If it's no, then it should go.

@Essjay I'd let these run in their weird ways til the kids get bored, then delete the posts. They may be fun at the time, but they aren't keepers and any new member clicking out of curiosity is going think they're in a pre-teen chatroom.

The big test is to look before you post and ask yourself "Would a person who didn't already know me here have any interest in reading what I just wrote?" If it's no, then it should go.
This was a while back, and in my opinion I think we have gotten better about off topic posts in serious threads. There may be a joke or two thrown around but its (for the most part) kept on topic now.
Unless I'm seriously forgetting a recent one... I cant remember... At least one where I was involved...

The reason the posts were moved is that they obscured the serious posts so that it was difficult to find replies that answered the original question. It was decided that all the silly posts had to be removed so that "proper" replies could easily be read.

Then we clamped down on thread derailment.

Most reactions

Back