Octozin

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Twinklecaz

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This may seem stupid but what does it actually treat? I ordered it because I thought my fish had internal parasites (and that's what the blurb says it treats - and early stages of Dropsy) but it's finally arrived today and says nothing about those things on the bottle. Does it treat parasites/early dropsy or shall I just file it away in the hope it's another med I'll never need?

Also, what is "Sleeping Sickness"? I've never heard of it!

Octozin is usually used for treating Hole in the Head, also sometimes called sleeping sickness. it is a parasitic med.

yes its very good for internal parasites , it worked a treat when 1 of my discus had internal parasites. what symptoms are your fish showing?

sleeping sickness is another term for hith disease , caused by intestinal flaggelates ( basicly worms)

Well one bloated (not really enough for Dropsy though), started acting listless and then died. Prior to that he also had poo that almost looked like a string of smoke if that makes sense. Other than that the others have had a few non-specific symtoms like the occasional stringy poo and loss of colour (that was my Neons). I've treated for internal bacteria before with no real success so by process of elimination I thought that maybe it was parasites. I'd like to be more sure before I treat though.

Occasionally, though not so often these days. The one that died certainly did though.

I actually ordered this med to treat him but he died before it arrived (I've waited about 6 weeks for it thanks to the snow).

you could certainly do a lot worse than giving octozin a try , it is good for internal parasites . and if youve already tried internal bacteria with no joy , the symptoms you describe do sound like it could be an internal parasite issue.

any recent additions to the tank? or do you feed livefoods ? these can bring parasites with them .

I added my Sparkling Gouramis about 2 months ago and my Green Neons a while before that. Even my remaining Platys which I've had since day one have only been there nearly 7 months though.

Thanks, I think I will give it a try. I'm going to go lightly though coz another theory I had about my Neons loss of colour (which they now have back) was too much meds.

I reckon about 6/7 weeks. Just before I ordered the Octozin.

you will be fine to go ahead with another med then . good luck with it .

Octozin worked a treat when my fish had internal parasites and it's ok to use with shrimp etc which was a bonus!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back