Ross1977

Reaction score
Hi

I have the following stock in my 200 litre tank

9 cardinal tetras
12 gold tetras
12 corys - mix of different types
6 zebra danios

Would it be possible to add 4 red honey gouramis or is that too much for the size of tank. Tank not planted and has a fluval u4 internal filter

The problem adding the gourami is with the fish already there, particularly the zebra danio. These are very active fish, and do not make good tankmates for sedate fish like gourami. The cardinal tetras are also sedate, so that is OK. The gold tetra...maybe, depending upon species; is it this one
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hemigrammus-rodwayi/
or some other?

The cories are no problem.

You mention no live plants...floating plants really would help a lot, especially with gourami that do need them to be settled. The cardinal tetras will be much more relaxed with floating plants over them too.

Byron.

The problem adding the gourami is with the fish already there, particularly the zebra danio. These are very active fish, and do not make good tankmates for sedate fish like gourami. The cardinal tetras are also sedate, so that is OK. The gold tetra...maybe, depending upon species; is it this one
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hemigrammus-rodwayi/
or some other?

The cories are no problem.

You mention no live plants...floating plants really would help a lot, especially with gourami that do need them to be settled. The cardinal tetras will be much more relaxed with floating plants over them too.

Byron.

Thanks

Yes,the link you sent is the gold tetras I have in my tank. I'm looking for a centrepiece fish to complete my tank. Any suggestions on what would work considering the current inhabitants. Do you think the gourami would work if I got floating plants or would the danios be too much of an issue

Thanks

Yes,the link you sent is the gold tetras I have in my tank. I'm looking for a centrepiece fish to complete my tank. Any suggestions on what would work considering the current inhabitants. Do you think the gourami would work if I got floating plants or would the danios be too much of an issue

The danios really are an issue here, even for what you have. Would you consider removing them? This opens up several possibilities, including gourami, and other quieter fish like various tetras, rasbora, pencilfish, hatchetfish...I'm thinking of the mid to upper level.

I have never kept the Hemigrammus rodwayi, so I must rely on my research but I believe these are not active fish, and quite peaceful. Which means the danios really are the odd fish out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back