Not sure what kind of sucker mouth ?

FishDude420

New Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
West haven
So I’ve just gotten into the Fish Keepig hobby so it’s normal to get sold the wrong fish, well the fish is named 100 different names depending on seller. My local fish store named this guy a mustard pleco but doing some minor research it doesn’t look to be a mustard pleco at all. I’m guessing it’s a Albino bushy nose but I might be wrong . Can anyone confirms it’s hard for me to get a good picture . He’s pretty skiddish and tends to not come out.
 

Attachments

  • 9A9DA70C-CC64-42D9-BEA5-9E0B8F41D1D2.webp
    9A9DA70C-CC64-42D9-BEA5-9E0B8F41D1D2.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 69E2D229-D879-4FB5-93AE-D87F363749AC.webp
    69E2D229-D879-4FB5-93AE-D87F363749AC.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 0DA5DBA9-4A86-4973-A74A-2445C6AEF178.webp
    0DA5DBA9-4A86-4973-A74A-2445C6AEF178.webp
    145.4 KB · Views: 92
  • F609174B-B57B-4610-963B-54F000BD18D0.webp
    F609174B-B57B-4610-963B-54F000BD18D0.webp
    91.7 KB · Views: 130
Hmm.. not albino bushynose (bristlenose), they look like this:
 

Attachments

  • BECB5ECB-C235-49A6-A07B-7084881A9B48.webp
    BECB5ECB-C235-49A6-A07B-7084881A9B48.webp
    247.9 KB · Views: 90
So I’ve just gotten into the Fish Keepig hobby so it’s normal to get sold the wrong fish, well the fish is named 100 different names depending on seller. My local fish store named this guy a mustard pleco but doing some minor research it doesn’t look to be a mustard pleco at all. I’m guessing it’s a Albino bushy nose but I might be wrong . Can anyone confirms it’s hard for me to get a good picture . He’s pretty skiddish and tends to not come out.
Maybe albino chocolate pleco?
 
I think you hit the nail on the head buddy . Kinda pissed they sold it as a mustard
Sorry for that. They obviously don’t know their plecos. That’s not even remotely similar to a mustard spot pleco. Some fish stores mislabel rare species or ones that have look-a-likes. You could maybe take him back? Although I’d feel too guilty about returning him, not his fault lol. Unless of course he would not be appropriate for my tank due to his mature size or specific water parameters.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top