Norway bans breeding of King Charles Spaniels & British Bulldogs

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

D

Deleted member 149562

I wonder if other countries will follow suit. It has been a long held argument that certain breeds where the looks have been changed genetically should be banned since many of these breeds suffer untold health issues and early death, especially the squashed face breeds

Since 2020 our country fosbid breeding of extreme shortsnouted dogs. A good thing to me.

These dogs are not genetically changed btw !

Since 2020 our country fosbid breeding of extreme shortsnouted dogs. A good thing to me.

These dogs are not genetically changed btw !
I think it's a good thing. Those poor dogs have a lot of raspatory issues.

Short snout dogs, dogs with short legs, long ears, docked tails, etc. The list goes on about people fupling up the animals we keep because some tosser in the show pavilion thinks a basset hound's ears should be 12 inches long and drag on the ground and get sores on them. Or the pug shouldn't have a snout even tho dogs need it to smell things and more importantly, breath. I hate cats but I hate people more because of what they have done to Persian cats. The poor animals have a flat face and suffer horrendous breathing problems.

The sooner animals are put back to the way nature made them, the better. Animals should not need surgery to give birth to young with oversized heads, and they shouldn't need surgery to breath sort of normally.

Fuplie people that do this sort of thing irritate me

I'm torn. On one hand, fantastic! The things these animals go through are terrible.

On the other hand, there are endless breeds that have serious problems as a result of their breed standards and people breeding "designer" not-really-breeds for profit - like "pocket bullies", the poor deformed things.

I don't think banning the breeding of all these breeds one by one is the solution at the end of the day, and it would be a shame if every breed died out. I much prefer where some breeders are crossing in blood from other breeds to improve the faults in their breed. Like "old tyme" bulldogs, and pugs crossed with Jack Russells, so they're taller with a proper snout too, while being more like proper dogs again... bred back so they're more like the breed standards dogs of more than 100 years ago, without such short legs and actually having a muzzle so they can breathe.

If I were president of the world, I'd be making the breed standard pedigree clubs like the kennel club and AKC change breed standards, so that health is a priority. To fix the flaws in these breeds, and government legislation for licenses to breed dogs at all.

Fix the problems in all breeds, rather than banning them all one by one, which will never happen anyway - and end puppymills and backyard breeding at the same time. Those ones that are filling shelters with traumatised unwanted dogs in the first place.

There are plenty of things in the fish industry that need a major shake up. Indiscriminate use of chemicals, inbreeding, keeping fish in sewerage ponds.

Guppies and Siamese fighting fish are so inbred it's not funny. The poor fish have no hope when their parents are their brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles and grand parents. Hell, there are laws to stop people marrying their cousins but people breed parent to child animals all the time.

Then the inbred fish have to deal with all sorts of nasty bugs that are made stronger by all the chemicals and drugs being put into ponds in fish farms around the world. People still dish out ant-biotics to people that don't have confirmed or known bacterial infections, and fish at farms in various countries are still being exposed to things like Trichlorphon, DDT and other cancerous substances that have been outlawed in most countries around the world.

And topping off the whole ordeal is fish being grown in sewerage ponds and fed of worms and daphnia that are grown in sewerage ponds.

So many sick fish and new diseases are coming out of Asian fish farms it isn't funny. I am amazed at how resilient fish are when they have to live with the crap they are put through by various farms around the world. However, even with their resilience, they are still losing the battle, and we see this all the time now with fish that have infections that can't be treated, fish that have new undescribed diseases, and fish that die for apparent reason.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back