No. of different kinds of fish you've breed

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

How many different breeds of fish have you bred?

• 0 Why make it harder on myself ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Type of fish is good enough for me!

• 2 Baby fish are so cute! Gotta have 2 types

• 3 Breeds, the better the variety !

• 4+ It saves money buying more and breeding babies will never get old!

• Total voters

snowyangel

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
just became an american *play dramatic music*
I was just thinking how many different fish have some of us members bred?? You hear so many fry announcements, I just wanted to know the varieties :D
For me, I've been breeding guppies(not like that takes alot of effort :p) and I'm gonna try to breed my pepper cories next. What about YOU???
This is my first time creating a poll, I hope you guys like it :fun:

I've only ever had ancistrus eggs - not on purpose - they just kept doing it :lol:

Never managed to raise any of them though. :(

ive breed four different livebearers, five if you count endlers as a different breed than guppies. but they are: guppies, mollies, swordtials, and platys. had the must luck with guppies, the swordtail fry i could never keep alive for some reason. and the mollies and platys, i got a couple of batches of fry but not nearly as many as the guppies. i want to try to breed something else, but havent decided what.

I voted no 2 , but will probaly breed fish to sell around where i live

Ive bred loads of different types of fish with varying ammounts of success in raising the fry, this includes dwarf cichlids, gobies, barbs, killies, tetras and catfish.
At the moment i have fry from kribs, morgunda adspersa gobies and goldenwonder panchax and my congo tetras regularly spawn but i dont bother to breed them in a special breeding tank at the moment so the eggs all get eaten.

i've breed Guppies
and i breed mollies sorta
By means of breading mollies
i saw a little black thing in my tank!
:crazy:

so far I have only gotten livebearers to breed..... guppies, mollies, platties, and swordtails. Next I hope to get my bristlenosed plecos, oscars, and corries to breed.... and then mkove to trying my killies and tetras. Wish me luck. Oh I got my bettas to breed once but the eggs were eatten by snails so I haven't had another attempt yet.... I hope to do that again as well.

Why make it harder on myself ? - Plus school kills me for now, so it's not the time!

errr...I let my fish breed themselves....sickos. :p

I am breeding guppies right now. I want to try to breed my cories but I don't have the tanks! I was going to breed swordtails but my female turned into a male and I was so ticked off that I never went and got more females!

only Rams...I took the eggs out when they were layed so they wouldn't get eaten...seven of the fry survived with a lot of work...the male ended up killing the female- very sad...so, I don't think I'd ever remove eggs again if the opportunity arose...also, it is so stressful- each fry death dealt a crushing blow...I can't handle that... :-(
my babies are dang cute, though, I must say.... :wub:
E

Let's see if I can remember them all without leaving something out.....

Actually had fry and raised them: :thumbs:
Mollies, Guppies, Swordtails, Platies, Kribensis, and Danios (Leopard and Zebra).

Spawned, but no fry: :no:
Neons, Congo Tetras, Peppered Cories and Angelfish.

I feel like I'm missing someone???

EDIT: I knew I would forget.....I have one Betta Fry from an unexpected Spawn :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back