Nitrate Levels

Sadie_BGK

New Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Hello. I'm still a little unfimiliar on this site and I wanted to know if anyone has any advice to get my nitrate levels down. My nitrate levels are 80. I know thats really bad. I need to change my filter but I can't get to Petsmart till tonight. I will probably do a 50% water change in a bit but I need a new filter first. My black ghost knife is on the bottom of his log completely still sometimes till i stir up the water a bit then hes up and moving again. He still eats but is there anything else I can do for him other than get the nitrates down? All my other levels are fine. He has no cuts are scraps on him either. He also doesn't look bloated.
 
Nothing in your filter will remove nitrate. It's the end product of the nitrogen cycle and can only be removed by plants or doing water changes. Some fish are sensitive to them, but not many-the majority will be happy in quite high levels :)
What are your ammonia and nitrite levels? If you get a new filter, don't forget to keep the media (sponges etc) from your old one :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top