Nitra-Guard Bio Cubes

phil335

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone tried this product? It is available in the UK and seems to be getting rave reviews. I need to do something about the nitrate levels in my brackish tank - can't get them below 40ppm and this seems like a hassle free way of doing it, even if I use a reactor with venturi pump. Love to hear if anyone else has used this stuff and achieved good results or if it's just a lot of hogwash!!

Product website:
http://www.orcalabs.co.za/?page_id=33

I know this is an old thread, but since it got bumped, maybe this information will help:

Ultimately, there are a lot of factors that go into this, such as tap water readings, the types of fish, feeding habits, and maintenance regimen.  One of the best ways to control nitrates is to perform frequent water changes, but ultimately finding the source of the elevated nitrates is the best option to control them.

Now, concerning the 40 ppm reading, I would not consider this elevated readings. The red flag for me happens when you start reaching 100 ppm levels, or excessively high readings for extended periods of times.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back