Night Light

bam_emma

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Teesside
How do you set one up and where can you buy them,
I really want a light that can be on throughout the night but doesnt disturb the fish.

Anyone help??
 
dont fish prefer total darkness at night while they do their sleep/rest thing? I have some LED units that I fitted to the top and light up the front. I usually have them on during the evening and find it gives a very relaxed and moonlight look to the tank.

On one of my old tanks I did a similar thing but used blue cathode tubes, well until the 12v adaptor broke lol
 
this is what i did, and it only costs $10. Its a decorative flexible LED strip light that comes in tons of different colors. yes, this is kinda ghetto, but i can only see the glow from where i view my tank. here's what the strip looks like.
0906082127.jpg
 
I actually bought some on ebay. The person selling them was wiring individual LED lights to a plug and making a harness kind of set out of them. I have 4 small blue LEDs over my 120 gallon. It gives just a hint of light in the water that actually resembles moonlight quite well but it only lets you see fish and decor as shadows in the tank. The soft glow of the tank and the water is all that I wanted. When I want to see the fish, I turn on the main lights.
 
So are cold cathodes completely water proof?
 
A cold cathode is much like any other light but doesn't need to get hot to light up. It is like running a small fluorescent over your tank. In my opinion, it is too bright for a moonlight simulation. The waterproof aspect comes more from the wiring and how it is set up than from the bulb itself.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top