Next Tank Stocking

they tend to lean on the 10-11" size.
 
Personally, I think any large cichlid needs at least 2" a bigger width tank then the fish's full max size. I think Chocolates get to 12", so you would need at least a 14" width tank or bigger. imo. My chocolate is only about 4" right now and growing at the same kind of rate as a Severum.

There is also two types of Chocloates, Tempolaris and Coryphaenoides, think the Tempolaris gets better, but not sure on that bit of info.
 
thanks ill see if i can get a bigger tank, doubt it though.
 
If your tank is 13" and your fish gets to 14" how is it going to turn around ?
I don't know much about chocolate cichlids, but arowana are flexible fish and don't require a depth of 80cm or more just to turn (ie. if the arowana is also 80cm or more).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top