Next Tank Stocking

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
its a 55 US gal. 48-19-21 (l-w-h)

heres what i wanna put in
6 - Boseman rainbow
6 - red rainbow
6 - turquoise rainbow
Raphael catfish from 20G that i can’t get rid of, as promised
Chocolate chiclid
8 adolphi cories and maybe another of sterbai
and lastly 6 rose line shark

this ok? with plants
 
I don't have experience with those fish, so can't help on the selection, but I think your tank volume is actually 75 US gallons. Mo' fish! :good:
 
thank you for that its really (if filled to the top) a 57 gal.
but i just wanna know if i can put those fish in

chocolate chiclid reaches around 12-14"

oh yeah 48-13-21
 
what do you mean by mo' fish?
more fish?
idts

what about my twenty
2 mollies
5 goldbarbs
1 striped raphael cat fish that i will move to the 55
2 ghost shrimp
ill probably be adding 6 praecox/neon rainbows
and maybe 4 peppered cories cuz thoses are the only ones i can find
 
Yes, you could have more fish if it was a 75g instead of a 55g. :)

I'm not exactly clear on whether your lists below are both suggested stockings for the 55...I guess if it was my 55, and I wanted to use the fish you mentioned I would do something like:

10 gold barbs
1 raphael
8 peppered cories
4 mollies
with plants

....maybe, but I haven't kept any of these so can't say for sure.
 
ok... this is the list for the 55
6 - Boseman rainbow
6 - red rainbow
6 - turquoise rainbow
Raphael catfish from 20G that i can’t get rid of, as promised
Chocolate chiclid
8 adolphi cories and maybe another of sterbai
and lastly 6 rose line shark

and the twenty was just a tank i already have. (dont need help with that)

yourmaking this more complicated than it has to be
 
That's way way too many rainbows for a 55 gallon tank. A 55 gallon should only hold 10 to 12 non-dwarf rainbows. Most of the rainbows you listed get to 4.5 inches +.


Edit: I didn't see that your tank was actually 75 gallons. If this is true then you would be fine for that many rainbows, although I've never mixed them with a chocolate cichlid before.
 
sorry for the wait,thank you so much! :good: :rolleyes:

ok then ill get rid of the turquiose rainbows asthe are my least favorite of the three
so heres the modified list that is so far ok in a 55
6 - Boseman rainbow
6 - red rainbow
Raphael catfish from 20G that i can’t get rid of, as promised
Chocolate chiclid
8 adolphi cories and maybe another of sterbai
lastly 6 roseline shark

any more help will be greatly appericiated

the tank will be planted in sand (black) just to let you know

just to let people know, chocolate chiclids are actually gentle giants, except when its thier own kind.

btw d robby b,those are some fantastic turqoise rainbows!
 
I think that is too much, I've seen red rainbows at 5" and way too active for a 4ft tank, if you love rainbows look at some of the smaller types.

Personally I wouldn't put a 14" fish in a 13" tank
 
all the sites ive been to have suggested putting these fish in 55 gallon tanks (no, not petco.com or petsmart.com)
 
i just listed the ranges that the websites have said, the websites tend to say 10-12max but one said 14 and i decided to put it in. if anyone else has experience with chocolate cichlids i would appreciate it! but you guys are right, it is kinda cutting it close, ill check up on those sites again see if i was mistaken.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top