Next project

Clivepullen

Reaction score
Helli, my name is Clive and I'm relatively new to the world of fish keeping. However, having now completed a 94 litre tank, but only after a lot of school boy errors, I'm now moving on to a roma 200, and 190 litre jewul corner tank for my place. I would love to hear of any suggestions: the longer roma 200 will primarily House an assortment of barbs, beginning with denisons, and a rainbow shark - but I'm open to ideas. And my corner unit I was planning to have a go at marine fish - but would be totally at the mercy of forums like this, and online research. I'd be interested in any suggestions

Attachments

• 20230214_161326.jpg
    20230214_161326.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230210_133235.jpg
    20230210_133235.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to the forum... :hi:
Posting photos of the tanks when done is something we all appreciate. There are many members who can chime in with all the questions you have...

Can you provide the dimensions (length and width are crucial here) for the 200 Roma? Denison barbs (species Sahyadria denisonii) are mentioned and this is a shoaling/schooling fish that requires around 10 (or more) and as the fish attain 6 inches/ 15 cm this means a 5 or 6 foot (152 to 182 cm) long tank.

The Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) will restrict some other fish, especially substrate dwellers, which is fine if you are happy with the "shark" on its own down there but if you would prefer substrate fish like cories, loaches, loricariids this likely won't work. Aside from the tank length issue, Denisons live close to the substrate for example, and this is not usually workable with any of the "sharks."

Most reactions

Back