Newsletter, Yes Or No...

Newsletter, Yes or No?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Dont get disheartened here Keith, if you get approval and get the issues out on time and with good material then this will seem like a little glitch.
I'm sceptical too about the past but I for one am willing to let you have a go to see how things pan out this time.
Regards
BigC
 
As a member of the previous newsletter team I saw it fade out of existence. It is a very hard job to do and you get faced with a lot of pressure and criticism from members that simply cannot appreciate the time you put into it.

Im offering to do a FREE service. MY time its using to give something back to the community

Yes but you cannot do it on your own. There was much enthusiasm for the last newsletter and to begin with there must have been about 15-20 members, by the time the first newsletter was out there were no more than 5 of us still struggling on. People soon lose interest in helping out with the newsletter and it is very difficult to keep it going when the only connection you have with the rest of the team is over the internet.

It is also extremely difficult to create articles that are of interest to everyone on the board, you have to balance between FW and SW, predatory and community, experienced and newbie etc etc. Also, there isn't really much to say that isn't already here on the forum, and if it's anything like the old newsletter then you would get accused of just recreating pinned topics.

Just trying to let you know what it's like once you get into it, it really isn't as exciting as you think at the moment.
 
I'm sorry but the newsletter does not have my vote. There is a reason why the previous attempt failed and i think after the initial honeymoon months where everything runs great and dandy, i fear the novelty will wear off and once again it will fade into existance.

This is not a reflection of anyones particular skills, but trying to coordinate such an effort on a volunteer basis with no thanks for the time taken is very difficult indeed and trying to produce unique material every month that you cannot read on the forum or elsewhere is a challenge itself.

simoncowell.jpg
 
I would imagine if you can about a 5 to 1 ratio for "yes" in this poll, it could prove a valid experiment / task
 
whilst i agree with what everyone is saying, you still got to give hima chance, if it fails it fails, no big harm done is there!
 
I've personally got no interest in a newsletter, and whilst the previous one is before my time I'm of the belief that if it was interesting/useful enough it would have survived the test of time.
 
What's to stop you, keith, from putting out your own newsletter on your own website? I doesn't have to necessarily be attached to this forum. Then, all you need to do is ask the mods for permission to put links to the issue(s) in your signature. And, so long as you aren't trying to sell something or leach members from this forum to your own forum, I suspect that the mods would have little problem with letting you post a link to your original work with fish information in it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top