Windelov Java fern
Staurogyne repens x 7
Anubias Nana x 1
Crested Java fern x1
Java fern x 1

Moss balls will go in when I transfer my neon tetras and betta. šŸ˜ƒ

neon tetras and betta
Together?
It is highly discouraged to put bettas in with other fish. Betta are not called Siamese Fighting Fish for no reason. Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€™t gone after the tetras yet if you already have them together. If you donā€™t, keep them separate.

Together?
It is highly discouraged to put bettas in with other fish. Betta are not called Siamese Fighting Fish for no reason. Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€™t gone after the tetras yet if you already have them together. If you donā€™t, keep them separate.
Everyone gets along, no fighting. The betta ignores the tetras.

Everyone gets along, no fighting. The betta ignores the tetras.
As @Colin_T @Essjay @Byron and many others will tell you, it is only a matter of time before a tetra annoys the betta. Maybe he eats the food the betta was going for, or swims too close. We get a lot of new members in here who post threads like ā€œHelp, my betta just attacked my other fish after being fine??ā€. Chose which fish you want to keep in this tank and keep the other(s) in whatever tank they are currently in or get another one for them, otherwise youā€™ll eventually end up with dead tetras.

Betta males are solitary fish and it is not being at all kind to the poor fish to make it live in a community tank. Those (in the minority in the hobby) who say this works may have lucked out with abnormal fish, or it may be a waiting game until the day comes when either the betta or the other fish (neons here) say "enough is enough" and act out their inherent traits. I vividly recall sitting in front of my 20g tank back when I first entered the hobby, watching my betta swimming sedately with a small group of neons in the same tank--and then, within seconds, one of the neons was half inside the betta's mouth, and the rest followed in the following days.

Fish are genetically programmed with the behaviours of the species. Environmental factors can sometimes cause them to behave abnormally, or individual fish may at least for a time not adhere to their inherent traits, but we should never count on the fish behaving other than normal, if it is in good health and in a suitable environment.

The tank looks nice. Do you have plants around the outside of it?
The picture looks like it has two different substrates, cream with black, and black with coloured. It looks like it is split level too. It's a good picture, well done :)
Thanks. šŸ˜ƒ The black is the substrate, the cream is my granite countertop and yes I have pothos planted around it. šŸ™‚

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back