Newbie Needs Advice With His Dream Mbuna Aquarium

Well the story so far...............
........it started as a dream and now the 90 Gallon custom tank, hood and stand is on order and should arrive in a few weeks.

After getting lost in filter info I went out and robbed a bank so I could get the Rolls Royce of filters, the Eheim 2128 - the one with the built in heater which will be ordered on monday at a bargin price of £166.

Does that eheim come with the filter media for that price ash?

yes, comes with full filter media. What a great price...

Eheim 2128

Well the story so far...............
........it started as a dream and now the 90 Gallon custom tank, hood and stand is on order and should arrive in a few weeks.

After getting lost in filter info I went out and robbed a bank so I could get the Rolls Royce of filters, the Eheim 2128 - the one with the built in heater which will be ordered on monday at a bargin price of £166.

Does that eheim come with the filter media for that price ash?

yes, comes with full filter media. What a great price...

Eheim 2128

That is a good price...livingseas are very competative!!! Sounds as though it's going to be a great setup good luck!!

Crushed coral is a great substrate for buffering. It will help raise your ph some just being substrate, but it will help more if you put some in your filter. There should be a place in your filter for extra media, just put some crushed coral in a new (not washed w/soap) stocking, or you can pick up some drawstring bags specifically sold for using your own medium.

If you are getting the tank custom made, why not get it drilled and fit a sump? It would probably work out about the same price as buying a decent external filter. The advantages being you can have massive filtration, hides any equipment, increases water volume and the possibilty to 'do' marine if you so desire in the future.

Just a thought :)

If you are getting the tank custom made, why not get it drilled and fit a sump? It would probably work out about the same price as buying a decent external filter. The advantages being you can have massive filtration, hides any equipment, increases water volume and the possibilty to 'do' marine if you so desire in the future.

Just a thought :)

that was an idea I was looking into but decided on a massive external instead..................
.................just cant wait ofr the tank to arrive so I can get started on it.

Most reactions

Back