Newbie Lighting Question

charlton

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i recently bought a jewel rekord 96 tank, fishless cycled and all fish that i've introduced are doing well. Except the sepae tetras, they seem to hang around the bottom alot (though they are getting better), as advised on here its probably because i haven't got enough cover from the light so i'm working on this, but its by far not the most powerful light out there so how does everyone else get round this especially well planted tanks with plants that need alot of light !! Am i being stupid but you need alot of light for some plants but it doesn't go well with some fish and they don't like it !! Does any know any links to explain the whole lighting thing to me, sorry if this is a stupid question !!

cheers

charlton

Not stupid, I've had the same question and I'm sure many others have too!

Perhaps if you have enough success with plants, the plants themselves could begin to provide the protection from the light. Maybe your design is just to sparse and needs a really heavily planted corner. Maybe there's a way to corral floating plants over a corner.

As a newbie reading about the different methods the planted tank folks use I find it very daunting, don't you?

On the other hand, maybe this is just a matter of you gaining direct experience about those particular tetras.

Good Luck!

Add plenty of hiding spaces or get a floating plant like water lettuce that is easy to care for. I got 50 off ebay for Ā£2.99 inc P+P

Most reactions

Back