What's new

Newbie here!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Skeptical_Mutt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is my second post, but I thought I'd introduce myself! I have 2 tanks right now (been in the hobby for roughly a month and already at 2?!?!). The first is a 35 gallon one that has 3 platys (2 bumble bee and a green lantern), 6 painted glass fish (didn't know they were injected cruelly until posting here), and an emerald cory cat. The second was my first tank, its a 10 gallon that currently has 10 ember tetras in it.

This is my second post, but I thought I'd introduce myself! I have 2 tanks right now (been in the hobby for roughly a month and already at 2?!?!). The first is a 35 gallon one that has 3 platys (2 bumble bee and a green lantern), 6 painted glass fish (didn't know they were injected cruelly until posting here), and an emerald cory cat. The second was my first tank, its a 10 gallon that currently has 10 ember tetras in it.
Hiya welcome to the forums! :)

No worries whatsoever, if you ever need any help with anything at all don't be afraid to ask!
Well, as I glanced into my tank I do have a question. One of my ember tetras has what looks like white cotton growing on the side of him. Google says this is a fungal infection and to quarantine him and treat him with pimafix. I just bought a one gallon set up from Pwtsmart and am going to pick it up today. The question is, do I need to treat the whole 10 gal tank or just him/her?

Welcome to this place. This lot will help keep you right.
By the way it’s generally recommended to keep Corys in groups of at least six to see them at their best both physically and mentally.

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Would love to see photos of all your tanks/fish. :nod:

20210306_130153.jpg
here's the 35 gal tank, I'll snag a picture of the 10 gal

Well, as I glanced into my tank I do have a question. One of my ember tetras has what looks like white cotton growing on the side of him. Google says this is a fungal infection and to quarantine him and treat him with pimafix. I just bought a one gallon set up from Pwtsmart and am going to pick it up today. The question is, do I need to treat the whole 10 gal tank or just him/her?
I'm not sure pimafix is the right medication, never used it before but when using any meds its so important to quarantine that fish. I saw you say that you had a cory in there and they are extremely sensitive to meds so an isolation would be necessary to keep the Cory alive. In the main tank, to 75% water changes daily along with a gravel clean daily for at least week. This will help to get rid of all of the infectious partials in the water in order to keep it from spreading. Best of luck! (Also could you send a picture of the infected fish to make sure it is a fungal infection)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back