New York, Lucky Me!

Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
4,502
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Calgary Alberta
Hey guys,

Well, my family has booked a trip to New York City this summer! :D Woo hoo! Anyways, we all have things we wanted to do any I was wondering if there are any good Aquarium attractions in New York? Public aquariums, huge fish stores, Discus hatchery, ect. If anyone lives or has been to New York and knows about anything cool I would LOVE to know!!

Thanks,

DL
 
New York Aquarium in Brooklyn would be the obvious place. Enjoy your trip!
 
i've been to NYC hundreds of times and aside from the New York Aquarium and the Bronx Zoo there hasn't been anything that has ever caught my attention. a couple of decent shops but nothing special. keep your eyes open tho and hopefully you'll see something that i've missed. then you can tell me about what you found. in my experience there are better fish shops in New Jersey
 
as far as lfs go, there's aquarium adventure. the one i go to is on long island, which is not far from nyc. you can visit their website to see their locations.
 
You can also try the Norwalk Aquarium in Connecticut. It is about an hour's drive from NYC. If you don't have a rental car, there are regular trains from the city to Norwalk.

You can get info about the NYC aquarium in Brooklyn here undefined

You can get info about the Norwalk Aquarium here undefined
 
Thanks for the ideas guys! I had no clue about the Brooklyn aquarium even after an hour of google searches.

The only problem with leaving NYC is that I am under 18, and I don't think my family would be to happy with me dragging them around to go look at fish :lol:


Thanks again. I will see what I can find! :good:
 
Brooklyn is one of the 5 boroughs that make up NYC. You can get there easily by subway or if cash is no a problem, by taxi.
 
When i was in NYC i popped down to the Brooklyn aquarium and it was good.

I got a train to the into brooklyn and it was only about a 5-10 min walk to the aquarium. Its right on the sea front.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top