New Way To Get Ride Of Algae?

schooly20

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Grand Rapids, MI
Alright so I was speaking with my mom today and she was talking about a way to stop algae growth in her bird baths that are in her garden. She said just put a few sprigs of lavender in the water and supposedly it clears the water of algae? I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this, ever tried it, or if it might be bad for the fish?
 
Alright so I was speaking with my mom today and she was talking about a way to stop algae growth in her bird baths that are in her garden. She said just put a few sprigs of lavender in the water and supposedly it clears the water of algae? I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this, ever tried it, or if it might be bad for the fish?

i wud say it wud be bad for fish
 
why doesn't she just rinse out the bird bath :)

sounds interesting tho. someone needs to do some research into whether lavender kills fish. If it doesn't then she might be onto something herbal for aquarium use :)
 
Theres some recent research that suggests a small amount of carefully placed explosive will take care of any algae in a tank. It also takes care of any snails, fish and passing children.

Personally I'm going to stick with scraping it off with a credit card, call me old fashioned.
 
Theres some recent research that suggests a small amount of carefully placed explosive will take care of any algae in a tank. It also takes care of any snails, fish and passing children.

Personally I'm going to stick with scraping it off with a credit card, call me old fashioned.
:lol:
 
Theres some recent research that suggests a small amount of carefully placed explosive will take care of any algae in a tank. It also takes care of any snails, fish and passing children.

Personally I'm going to stick with scraping it off with a credit card, call me old fashioned.


:hyper: hahaahhaha!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top