New To Marine Fish - Advice Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm gonna do this one day with my 20 gallon,i find these threads really helpful....i want a nemo for myself :D lol

What do you have at the mo? It's great to chat on here, all kinds of useful info and fun too!

Most corals need their space, bit like me really :crazy: - so you need to plan that in when deciding what you are going to buy and where you are placing them. You are correct that the Toadstool can become involved in toxic warfare - just insure they all have their own space amd fab water params. (gosh, I sound like i know what I am talking about!- do wait for a better more scientific explanation from someone who has more experience).

Did you notice how much nicer my toadstool was than my sis' :rofl:

Seffie x

:fish:

Of course !! - It's lovely, what other corals do you have? Need some nice easy ones, I am still looking out for THE BOOK but would like to get something in the meantime

Did you notice how much nicer my toadstool was than my sis' :rofl:

Seffie x

:grr: You can tell she is my much older sis can't you :rofl:

Any sort of soft coral should be ok, a polyp or leather are always good, have a chat with LFS they should advise you.
My toadstool will shrink to about a quarter of its size at night, its incredible to see just how small it goes, they do need a lot of space.

It's great that you have started your tanks at the same time -they BOTH look really nice

Think I would get a lovely clove polyp again for my first coral - they are lovely, swaying and forever changing direction - fasinating, easy to look after as well :good:

Seffiex

ps be very careful with believing everything your lfs says - unfortunatly many of them just seem to want to sell anything to anyone! Don't buy anything unless YOU know what it is and have done your research - it will save tears at bed time :crazy:

Hi, I have just ordered a Orca Nano Reef Aquarium TL450 and I would appreciate any advice anybody has. I have kept Tropical Fish in the past but would now like to give Marine Fish a go. Can anybody suggest which fish would be good ones to start with, I have seen a beautifuly Royal Gramma fish today but am not sure if this would be a wise move. Also I would love some corals so if anyone has any suggestions on these that would be great too! I would appreicate any advice that anybody has for a beginner to this hobby.
Thanks

Hello, same, iv got a Orca Tl-450 tank, been keeping tropical for about 2 years now,
At this stage, i baught some coral sand £5 for 4kilos, seachem marine salt £20 for 6kilos bag. A expencive heater, digital thing lol, not sure what make cant remember...
Ive got all the sand and salt in the tank at the moment, checked the salt via the hydrometer etc..
Now just letting it circulate through the filter, i need to do this for a week dont i??? Then can i add live rock???
With Live rock, not sure exactly what happends, does stuff like the funny looking flower and mushroom type things grow of the rock naturally?? Or do you buy that stuff seperate...? :unsure:
Not sure what i do next to be honest :blink:

Any replys to Email My email would be fantastic!! :good:

Thankyouuuu :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back