New To Marine Fish - Advice Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just to let you all know, my hydrometer is now reading 1.021/22 - what a weekend that has been :lol:, thank you for all your help, ready for the next stage??

buy a refractometor they are much more accurate.

Get the water up to temp

Buy LR and put that in the tank

put sand in

Water seems to be the right temp already, hopefully off to get LR tomorrow already have the sand so hopefully all will be ok

Water seems to be the right temp already, hopefully off to get LR tomorrow already have the sand so hopefully all will be ok

just push the LR through the sand so its sat on glass and then it wont tumble over. Gives the effect of the rocks coming through the sand then rather than being thrown ontop :good:

Thought you might like to see the latest pic, I am really pleased with it, can't help but studying it to see if anything appears :lol:
Photo0192.jpg

Inherited this with it ???

IMG]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo71/Sapphire1/Photo0201.jpg[/IMG]

Inherited this with it ???

Photo0201.jpg

Latest pics

Photo0249-1.jpg

Have added 3 blue legged hermit crabs and 3 red crabs - still on the hunt for some snails!!

Have got today my nano pump, have positioned it in the tank but not sure where it should be and which way it should be facing, any help pls??

0292.jpg

Photo0283.jpg

Got these couple of little fellows, was really dissapointed with myself because I was going to avoid these and wanted something else but the man in the shop was really unhelpful and said this was about all I could have!! As I had 2 excited children in tow had to go with it even though I did enquire about Cardinalfish as they had both Pyjama and Banggai but he said NO! They do look good now that they are home so ended up ok in the end :fun: Had some great looking corals and I had my eye on one but after the conversation I had I decided to leave it.

:blush: unfortunately I think all of us with youngsters around have to give in to them where clowns are concerned, I didn't really want them either but when my grandson said 'all my dreams come true when we get nemo' that was that :rofl:

Tank taking shape :good:

awwww bless him!! you just waiting for Dory then??? :lol: would like to get more corals next but there seems to be so many and then when you think you've decided you go and read something negative about it!

Oh yes, been there :crazy: I would recommend 'THE BOOK' it was recommend to me and seffie by BigC I got it yesterday and it tells you everything you could possibly wish to know. Its called Corals. selection, Husbandry and Natural History By Eric H. Borneman, they sell it on Amazon, but check out e bay first as they sometimes have it on there. But to start with try a polyp, they are great to watch seffie has a lovely clove polyp, I have a yellow polyp.

Heres a link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquarium-Corals-Se...d_rhf_f_i_k2a_2

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ok thanks very much, i will take a peek at your tank and look for book

Really like the look of your Toadstools but did someone mention something about toxic warfare??

Most reactions

Back